Moon Fest Prep

The small break at the hotspring was nice, but now the students at Kyokusei were ready to get back to work and school. However, things were not as calm as they wanted it to be. Those who had gotten through the Fall Selection, were called for a special Autumn leaf viewing. 

The group who passed the Fall Selection gathered around in a garden. Hikari was enjoying the view and the sweet smell of Autumn getting ready to come in. She loved Autumn the most, since there were so many things her senses could pick up but not get too overwhelmed with. The smell of the fresh breeze, the brisk cold of the wind, the sight of the changing colors of the leaves, the sound of the birds and animals getting ready to hibernate or to migrate for the winter, and the sweet taste of the morning dew that floated across the air. 

It was always incredible for her.

As the maple leaves fell onto the ground, the group could hear the drums beating and the announcer shouting.

"Presenting, the Totsuki Academy Council of Ten!" She shouted, drawing everyone's attention towards a group of nine students, since Erina was sitting with the others, she wasn't with the group of ten.

The Ten walked over to the group of underclassman, but one white haired hair in the group glanced over at Hikari, giving her a soft faint smile. She recognized him right away as the boy who helped her during the Fall Selection. The one who insisted on her watching from his private booth. But she didn't say anything about their encounter.

Just then, one of the boys, a boy with unruly black and blonde hair, groaned in annoyance.

"Do I really have to be here? This is totally lame." The boy said, then walked over to Hikari and smirked, placing his hand on her shoulder, "Don't you agree? Why don't we go hang out somewhere a little more private?"

Hikari chuckled and looked deep into his eyes, the boy quickly turning to stone like he was staring into the heart of Medusa.

"If you wanna keep you hand, I suggest you back off. Not much of a chef without a hand, huh?" Hikari threatened. The boy scoffed, pretending like he wasn't scared, and walked over to his seat.

Everything was going well, at least until Soma decided to be himself for a moment. He raised his hand and said the most ridiculous thing he could've said.

"So, uh, I prefer to join the Ten like right now. Would any of you be interested in doing a Food War with me?" He asked, making even his sister's eyes widen in shock.

"Soma! Did you leave your brain back at the Stagiaire?" Hikari said to her brother.

Thankfully for everyone, every member of the Ten turned him down and the leaf viewing went on as normal.

🔪🔪🔪🔪🔪

Life at school went on a normal and as Soma and Hikari were riding on their new scooter, Megumi approached them on her bike.

"Soma? Hikari?" Megumi called out, snapping Soma from his train of thought.

"Huh? Oh, what's up, Megumi?" Soma answered.

"Well, it's kinda dangerous to get lost in thought when you're driving. Not to mention your sister's in the back, right? Don't want her to get hurt either." Megumi chuckled.

"Yeah, big brother, so keep your eyes on the road. Unless you want a bigger loan debt with me." Hikari threatened and Soma was quickly back in focus. Though, Hikari understood why he was so lost in thought like that.

"You're still thinking about the Council, aren't you?" Megumi asked.

Soma nodded, "Yeah, I guess so."