Yukihira vs. Aldini: Battle of Desserts

Time passed since the beginning of the Quarterfinals of the Fall Selection, and plenty of surprises were given through the two past battles. 

The match after Soma's was Megumi versus Ryo, and their theme was ramen. And just like their personalities, their ramen dishes were completely different.

Ryo, much like Megumi, was raised near the water, so making a fish based ramen was not so surprising. He created a Soupe De Poisson Ramen using crustacean shells and wide ramen noodles. From the first sip of the soup, the judges were blown away by the strength of the flavor, but also taken aback by how well the flavors blended together. The noodles sucked in even more of the soup, making the judges lose their senses from the first bite. Even the toppings added to the deliciousness of the ramen. The three types of cheese, rouille, aioli sauce, and the rusk toast, it had the overwhelming taste of shellfish.

It was as if the judges were being pulled into a brawl to the death. It even made the headmaster strip without a single move. 

However.... they did not finish judging the competitors. Megumi didn't have her turn to show off her skills.

Unlike Ryo, Megumi served up a light ramen, to which she called Kozuyu Chicken Soy Sauce Ramen. It was created with ingredients delivered from her home town. The judges were so shocked by how clear the soup stock, down to the fact that it was even sparkling. It was beautiful in appearance, which threw the judges' senses off before they could even take a bite. But after that first bite, they couldn't get enough. The flavor was strong even though it was a light soup, and the subtle sweetness from the kozuyu made it all the more delicious from the toppings alone. The soy sauce that she used paired perfectly with the soup chicken broth, but all of the umami came from the dried vegetables she added within the broth. But there was a small extra. Megumi created an aizu chicken paste, and with just a small drip of the paste, the flavor changed completely and enhanced the flavors of the ramen.

The two ramen dishes were complete opposites, both equal in uniqueness, however only one could proceed. The headmaster took his brush and painted the name of the winner....

"Ryo Kurokiba!" The Emcee announced, and allowed everyone to go home for the rest of the day.

The next day, began the third and fourth rounds. The third round's theme were burgers, the battle consisting of Akira Hayama and Hisako Arato.

Hikari had to put on more of her nose gel in order to not pass out from the amount of spices she knew they would both use. 

Hisako finished her dish first, creating a soft-shelled tortoise burger served on a buttered steamed bun topped with Korean lettuce and shredded ginger. Her patty was mixed with ground pork, the blood from the tortoise, dried shell powder and several Chinese medicinal spices and herbs. It was indeed a shock to the senses, that not even the headmaster noticed that he had stripped.

The next was Akira, who presented a Kofta Kebab Burger. He used pita bread as the buns and filled with kofta cooked with several different spices. All the unwanted smells from the meat were masked by a homemade yogurt sauce, and despite the heaviness of the burger, he created an achaar as a secret condiment to further enhance the flavor of the meat. The judges didn't even realize that they had finished their food until it was finally gone.

It was without a doubt that Akira had won the match, much to the disappointment and despair of Hisako.

And then... it was finally time.

The fated battle between a Yukihira and an Aldini had finally come.

Hikari Yukihira versus Takumi Aldini. And their theme was Dessert.