Part 35- use somebody

it worked, it really worked 

An annoying voice echoed in the back of my head as I walked through the avengers compound, I'm a new recruit since my powers are so impressive they wanted me on the team, I'm a shield agent- have been since I can remember. 

I bumped into someone on my way to see fury. 'sorry' but my voice came out in barely a whisper.

Thats when I locked eyes with a familiar looking man, dark blue eyes, long brown hair, a-a metal arm. I cant know him, I'd never forget such a distinctive thing about a person, he seems so familiar though. The gorgeous man pulled my from my thoughts with a dazzling smile, 

''no worries doll'' his voice, it- I knew this man! I had to know him, everything about him I knew, looking at him walk away from me now was like reading a book I'd already read.

ignore it 

My thoughts were cut short by all the avengers stumbling in after one another, with a few more faces this time, another ginger girl and a blonde haired boy who stood weirdly close to her in a protective was. everyone looks so familiar here. 

Steve-"y/n Is it? fury wants you to train and stay in a room under conditions we will discuss with you after you have settles. we understand you have been through a lot and we want to help"

y/n-"okay, sounds good" if they didn't notice my British accent before, they definitely did now.

nat-"great, I'll show you to your room"

bucky-"your British?" hearing his voice hurt, it was like he was cutting me open digging for memories I'd lost.

y/n and loki-"yeah not shit Sherlock" me and Loki locked eyes immediately, he gave me a smug smirk but I managed to keep a poker face. 

nat-"this is your room, the one opposite is bucks, the one next to you is Lokis and steves is opposite his, sorry that its just guys but the girls floor didn't have room."

y/n-"oh trust me its okay" as I looked around, everything looked perfect, it was everything I'd ever wanted in a room. perfect bed, perfect colours, perfect windows.

Steve had entered the room whilst I was looking around, he watched me contently, surprised at how human I was acting. I turn and looked at him with a confused face still not noticing the two other men that had entered the room watching me with the same face as Steve.

y/n-"am I allowed to eat here?" Steve pouted sadly but tired to laugh it off whilst standing up and pulling out the bowl of strawberries he'd seen me eyeing up. my face lit up in excitement taking the sick over the sofas, the three men followed and watched as I sat on the floor instead of the 10 gazillion dollar sofas all around me. Loki just went to his room un interested whilst Bucky and Steve began a conversation looking over at me every few minuets to make sue I hadn't jumped out a window or something I guess.

I finished all the strawberries and lay back onto the cold floor benign shivers up my back from the sudden contact, I turned my head to look out of the window when my bracelet started to burn my wrists again, I didn't mean to try and use my powers but when most the things around you are living it kinda just happens sometimes. I whimpered and ran to my room slamming the door shut and locking it. Bucky followed swiftly behind.

Bucky-"what's wrong?" no answer. "okay then braking the door down it is" just as he went to kick I opened the door, they could see my slightly red eyes and tear stained cheeks but they focused on my arms that I raised for him to see.

y/n-"they keep hurting me" I whispered. I hated that he got to see me vulnerable, I hated that I was letting him in but its like my body remembered his home like sent. 

~buckys pov~

I followed as eveyone finally broke down y/n's door, please be alive, the way her screaming suddenly stopped was heart wrenching- and I know everyone else felt the same way. ever since the raft we all promised if she ever did come back we would save her and never let her down again, I won't break that promise-have I already broken it?

before anyone could comprehend what was happening my eye sight pulsed green and then-

I was walking down the hall of the compound when a small body clashed into my chest, when I looked down and saw her face my heart jumped in joy, I don't even know this girl why do I feel so happy to see a stranger? 

she's not a stranger.

Before I could listen to my own thoughts the girl began helplessly apologising- no her voice was barely audible which I couldn't help but smirk at, he hair frantically falling over her face- I went to move it out the way but stopped myself. I wonder what her name is?

you dont care

this time I heard the voice- my vioce - I cant trust my mind though, so best I just ignore it and move on. I continued past the girl and went to my room.

hours later the same girl sat only meters from me eating fruits of her choice, I was mesmerised by her lips and nose and cheeks- she ran to her room. I ran after her involuntarily, my legs moved of there own accord to her door.

I called for her no answer, barging my way in I saw her puffy eyes, her tortured wrists- "I'll help you doll" I whispered so quietly I wondered if I even said it out loud.

y/n y/n y/n

the voice returned which pissed me off again, the confusion of whether it was own, or the winter soldiers- but it is definitely not mine, my thoughts Never sound so-so monotone- so robotic.

but it left the question of who is-is... god I've forgotten what was I about to say?