Capture 20: In Love

Capture Twenty

I watched him wide eyed, switching between his eyes back and forth.

What is Isaac Rios doing at a children's party? Crossing paths with him again is a possibility that I didn't ignore. But I did not expect it to be here!

"A-anong ginagawa mo rito?" I utter, my voice sounding strain all of a sudden.

He looks different. Far from the boyish Isaac I knew. He's a man now. Mas depina na ang kanyang katawan. He's large, no pun intended. Isaac's chest was so broad, I could feel it wanting to break free from his shirt. Good looking would be an understatement. He's tall and supremely male. Five years ago, he always looked serious. Now, his aura screams power, resolute self assuredness and a feral air that spoke danger.

I know from source that he's a model-slash-photographer. Kahit saan ay nakikita ko siya. Internet, magazines, television. It's different seeing him with my own eyes instead of through screens.

My mouth gaped open, knees trembling as his domineering eyes greedily drank in the sight of me.

I wriggled, wanting out of his grasp which only earned me a tighter grip.

"People are watching," I say firmly.

He only lifted his brow in interest.

"Ah," he mocks. "We're still at it? The 'people are watching' game?"

I blinked erratically with crazed expression. Kung hindi lamang niya ako hawak ay matutumba na ako sa aking pwesto dahil sa panghihina.

"I-is Gwyneth around?" I peered on our surroundings, searching for signs of Gwyneth. But there was none.

Before he could answer, a kid was already between us. I looked down at the celebrant, grinning with his dragon face paint.

"Kuya idol, you're here!" he tugged Isaac's pants, unable to reach him due to height difference.

Yumuko si Isaac upang magkalebel sila ng celebrant. He pat the kid's head and gave him a smile that did not reach his eyes.

"Happy birthday, Samuel," bati ni Isaac. "Of course I came. I could not turn down your invitation."

Esther's aunt rushed to where we are. A hint of recognition present in her eyes as she gaped at Isaac.

"For real? The Isaac Rios is here in my home? Welcome hijo!" pure bliss apparent in her voice.

Samuel looked up at his mom. "Mama, he's the man who I saw at the basketball court. Kuya has been teaching me how to play, so I invited him!"

"Really?" his mom equalled his delight.

Samuel nodded then his eyes shift between me and Isaac curiously.

"Why were you holding ate Lilly's waist, kuya? Is she your wife?" he asked innocently.

My jaw dropped at Samuel's sudden bombshell. Contradictory to my reaction, Isaac looked esteemed about it.

Hindi ko na sinubukang itago ang aking pagkagulat. "H-how could you say that, Samuel?" I added a constipated laugh. Mas madali sanang ipaliwanag sa bata kung siya lang ang naririto. Kaya lang ay pati ang ina'y nakamasid.

"Kase daddy always does it to mommy eh. Diba mommy?" kinulbit pa niya ang ina upang humingi ng kumpirmasyon.

The question caught his mom's attention. She immediately started giving us an odd stare

My face looked ridiculous, I just know it!

"No!" I deny. "O-of course not. Hindi po kami mag-asawa," I convinced Samuel's mom as if she was the one who threw the question instead of him.