Capture 30: Finally Mrs Rios

Capture Thirty

I looked away from him. Nilaro ko ang aking kamay upang mayroong mapagkaabalahan. I cleared my throat.

"So?" dikta niya sa aking magpatuloy.

"Uh..." ipinalipat lipat ko aking ang mata sa kanan at kaliwa. "Never?"

"Uh-huh," he sounded annoyed but displayed a calm expression. Ipinikit niya ang kanyang mata at humilot sa sentido. He pushed himself away from the table. He walked around it until he reached the his drawer. Binuksan niya ito at naglabas ng ipad.

He swiped and tapped a few times while he walked near me. Nang makarating siya sa harap ko'y ipinakita niya sa akin ang mga litrato ni Gwyneth sa PMFF.

"That's what you were supposed to wear in the PMFF, right? You sent me a photo on your fitting day. And you also told me that you're replaced. Now that I think of it, ilang araw ka na ring hindi kinocontact ng agency niyo," inilayo niya sa akin ang ipad at pinatong sa mesa. Umupo siya sa aking tabi at umakbay sa aking sandalan. I almost shrinked in my place at how close we are.

Tumungo ako.

"Tell me. Were you replaced for the PMFF? Or the Illustrious entirely?" tanong niya kahit na bakas sa boses niya na alam niya na ang sagot.

I bit my lower lip.

"Stop biting your lip and answer me," utos niya. "I've got you found out already. The least you could do is spare me no details."

I spread my arms open.

"Hug muna," I pursed my lip.

Umiling siya. "Tell me first, then hugs will come later."

I sighed in a defeated manner.

"I didn't want to tell you about this, because I know you'd react that way," panimula ko. "And I don't want you saving me all the time. We're supposed to be happy. My problems will only affect our relationship."

"It will affect our relationship more, if you're not transparent with me. How else am I going to find out why you're acting a certain way? I might get the wrong idea. I may interpret your actions as a sign that you don't want to be in the relationship anymore."

I pout, feeling guilty that he's right.

"Hindi palaging masaya ang relasyon. What matters in the relationship is not how much butterflies in the stomach we can give each other, but rather, our partnership. How we do and get through things together. You have to trust me, baby."

I nodded apologetically. "I trust you, Isaac."

"Then you're gonna have to tell me when you have problems. I'm not territorial, Lilly Catherine. I know how to step back. If you want this to be your fight, then I will support you. Hindi kita pangungunahan. But please, inform me."

I kissed his cheek. "Thank you, love."

"But this case, though," he added while eyeing me sternly. "You won't deal with alone. Now tell me about it."

Then I started narrating last week's events, detail by detail. Leaving no single information. Mula sa pagpasok ko sa dressing room, the stares that my co-models gave me, how I only found out from Stephanie that I was replaced, Gwyneth entering with our director, and the director firing me to my face. I didn't even leave mine and Gwyneth's pissing contest out.

"And that's it," I concluded, almost running out of breath.

His face was unreadable. Nag aabang ako ng reaksyon mula sa kanya. Is he enlightened that I finally told him? Or is he mad?