Capture 25: Isadora Custodio

Capture Twenty Five

My hands tightened around Isaac's arm as I eyed people who are present in the gala. He looked down at me and pressed a kiss on my forehead.

"You tell me when you're uncomfortable, then we'll go home. Okay?"

He kept checking me from time to time because he knows how uncomfortable these events make me feel. If not for my make up, I won't even master a bit of strength to go here. My look for tonight masked the insecurity and anxiety.

If I had the choice, I'll ditch the event. But I know that to Isaac, I would always come first. He'd surely also leave the gala if I do.

His arm slipped around my waist when we got to the red carpet. Camera flashes swarmed us and it took everything in me to keep my hand still and not block my face.

Women kept ogling at Isaac even though he has me beside him. I internally rolled my eyes. I might just give them a show.

While cameras took photos of us, I put my hand on Isaac's chest. His lips twitched at the territorial gesture. I gave the cameras the fiercest look I can manage.

"Mr Isaac Rios, looking handsome as always," anang isang interviewer.

"Naubusan na ba kayo ng comments para sa akin? I seem to always hear that every year," biro ni Isaac, which received laughters from those who heard.

"The public has been anticipating every year for you to have a woman in your arm to the gala as you have always attended on your own in the past. What's special about your date tonight, that she made an exemption?"

Isaac chuckled at the question.

"I'd be lying if I say I just like going on my own. I was just waiting for this bewitching woman beside me to return from Nueva Ecija. My girlfriend would always be my first everything, including being my date to the gala," he smiled down deliberately into my eyes.

My cheeks flamed at his display of affection.

"Isaac Rios' girlfriend has finally shown her face to the world. How does it feel attending the gala tonight?" baling sa akin ng interviewer.

Isaac's fingers slipped in between mine to show encouragement.

I laughed nervously.

"O-of course nervous, but equally looking forward to tonight's events. I've only ever heard about galas but never had first hand experience," I spoke as formal as possible.

After the short interview, I let out a heavy sigh of relief. I'm glad that it's over. Akala ko'y gigisahin nila ako sa mga tanong. Being Isaac's girlfriend is a big deal to the public, apparently.

"Para saan ba ang fundraiser na ito?" tanong ko kay Isaac habang ipinapalibot ko ang mata sa paligid ng venue.

"Kina Ottavia's family owns one of the earliest fashion brands in the Philippines. Pinagpasa pasahan ang pamamahala nito kada henerasyon. She's the current CEO. Nang mamahala siya, she partnered with a foundation for child support. That's what the fundraiser is for," tinanguan niya ang mga taong kilala niya habang dire diretsong nagpapaliwanag.

"Mabuti naman at maraming nagpapaunlak ng imbitasyon. At least they're using money for a good cause," sagot ko.

He snickered. "Majority of the attendees don't even know what the fundraising is for. They're just here for publicity and to brag about their wealth."

"Ulikba!"

Napapikit ako nang mariin dahil sa pamilyar na boses na iyon. Of all places, he chose to use that nickname here.