Chapter 25 - Boris: All This Time

Chapter 25 - Boris: "All This Time"

"What the fuck are you doing?!" Leah nearly shouted in the hallway, but she tried to keep her cool. "And why are you both covered in blood?!"

Boris looked around in sheer panic. "How did we . . . I . . . ." His eyes were wide. "Where were you going?"

"To see a Spark date, but that can wait," Leah told him. "What the fuck happened to you guys?"

Boris glanced back, seeing Tyler there. The German shepherd shook his head, still in shock from what had happened before. ". . . Leah, Tyler's going to use the shower, and then I will. Erm, we need to talk."

"Yeah, we definitely do." She nodded intensely, taking off her heels. "But first, you need to get out of those bloody clothes and into something else because you are not coming into my room wearing that."

Boris sighed. "Fine. Give me a moment to get showered. Tyler, wait here."

"Uh, yeah," the canine answered, standing dumbfounded with his suitcase.

Boris traveled into his room and grabbed fancy red pajamas. Embroidered on the shirt was the crest of the Downing family. He returned to the hall. "I'll just be a little bit." The otter entered the bathroom and closed the door behind him.

Tyler looked at Leah, still standing in her doorway. "So, uh. Hi." The German shepherd realized that he was still painted scarlet.

Leah glanced at him. "Hi." They both stood there awkwardly for a moment before the female otter retreated back into her room, leaving the canine to stand alone in the dimly lit corridor.

Inside the bathroom, Boris peeled his clothes off, seeing that the blood had soaked into everything he was wearing, including his underwear. Now standing bare, he looked into the pristine mirror above the sink. As always, his dark reflection was still clothed in the same outfit it always wore. The mustelid maneuvered to turn on the shower, waiting a moment for it to heat up before stepping in and beginning the long task of scrubbing the blood from his fur.

Once the task was complete, he put on a fresh pair of drawers, and his pajamas, exiting the bathroom and meeting Tyler with his eyes. "All yours."

"Thanks," Tyler responded, grabbing the handle of his suitcase and rolling it into the bathroom with him. Meanwhile, Boris took his tainted clothes and placed them in his room, deciding to worry about it later. He returned to Leah's door, knocking softly.

She opened it practically immediately. "Come in." The female otter quickly moved out of the way.

Boris stepped in, and the door was closed and locked in his wake. The room had always had a Valentine's Day vibe to it. The walls were red, and the bed had a cherry-colored pillow and comforter with pink sheets. All the wooden furniture, such as the dresser and vanity mirror, was white.

Leah stood, putting her hands on her hips. "Now, tell me what's going on. Wait, are you wearing eyeliner?"

Boris stood like a block of ice, unmoving and just staring at her. He had completely forgotten to remove it in the shower. It must have looked like a mess now.

She blinked. "Snap out of it! What's the matter with you?"

"I . . ." That was all Boris could get out. He just looked at her with a gaze.

Leah sighed. "It looks like you need the windowsill. Just let me put on some music. You can open it," the otter gestured.

Boris trudged over slowly, unlocking and sliding open the window all the way. He stuck a leg out and lifted the other, dangling his feet outside, high above the ground. A song by Leah's favorite band, Wild Nothing, came on and she walked over, joining him in the same position, hanging her legs outside. "Now, talk to me. I'm here."