Chapter 65 - Tyler: Collision

Chapter 65 - Tyler: "Collision"

Tyler stared deep into his reflection's eyes. Deeper, deeper, the deepest he could stare. He didn't take his eyes away for even a second, and luckily, it seemed like blinking didn't break the spell. The weird chanting from the witches around him faded away, and he pushed himself even harder in the gaze, separating his body from his mind.

That was the goal here. The canine would have to will his Soul to leave his body and go to that place during the total eclipse that lingered above his head in the mirror. Tyler closed every wall of his mind, drowned out everything, and laser-focused only on what was in front of him.

Suddenly, he felt weightlessness, and the next time he blinked, he was looking out from the mirror at his body, staring at him from the boat, covered in the Bloodline pattern. He could even see the fog roll off the surface of the water.

Now in the mind space, Tyler turned away from the mirror, feeling like he was underwater, minus the need to hold his breath or the pressure. The German shepherd began swimming through the void, looking around for anywhere that Boris could be. Due to their current blood connection, it would be much easier for their Souls to find one another.

"Boris!" Tyler called, swimming forward. "Boris, can you hear me?!" Unfortunately, his voice had no acoustic qualities, and he was unsure if anyone could even hear him in this place. The canine was already anxious with the bit of time he had.

He continued swimming forward until he saw something below. Tyler turned his body and dove deeper, happy to find that the otter he had been searching for was standing there, not facing him.

Tyler swam up from behind, placing his hand on Boris's shoulder, and the void snapped to a familiar room, which the dog recognized as Boris's, but without any furniture occupying the space. At that exact moment, gravity returned to his body, and he thumped onto the floor. "Agh!"

The otter, who had been standing still the entire time, turned around and looked down at him. "Tyler! You made it!"

The German shepherd looked up from his spot on the floor, smiling widely. "Boris . . . Hey." He got off the ground, careful not to brush himself off. Then, he rushed forward, bringing his friend into a close hug.

"Looks like you're still in your underwear, too," Boris stated, squeezing him back. "I saw everything through Adam's eyes. I'm so relieved the ritual worked."

Tyler exhaled, nodding. "There's so much I want to talk to you about, though I guess you already know, huh? Man, it's good to see you." He looked around. "So, where are we? It looks like your room."

"It's a world I made up in my head," Boris told him. "I was able to figure out how to create things while trapped between Adam and Absalom."

Tyler nodded. "Alright, well, all we need to do is to get our Souls back to the mirror from where we are, and we can leave together!"

Boris nodded. "Hold on. I have something I need to talk to you about before we go."

"Yeah?" The German shepherd put a hand on his own hip, cocking it.

"There's no way Absalom is going to let us leave without a fight," Boris told him.

Tyler's nose wrinkled. "A fight? In here? How?"

"Too complicated to explain right now." Boris held his small hand out, and a knife manifested there, right before the dog's eyes. Then, the otter handed it to him.

Tyler stared at the dagger in his hand. It was a perfect recreation of the Blade of the Mirror, only its properties were different, not burning his hands. He looked up at Boris, nodding. "How did you get these?"