CHAPTER 03

Chapter 03:
Specialist

Bumungad samin ang napakalaking arena ng tuluyan na kaming makapasok sa akademya. My eyes roam around the wide place. The arena consists of a battle ground in the middle, a maze in the right corner, a dark forest in the left side and another battle ground near the royal family who's currently sitting on their throne.

Inalis ko ang tingin sa kanila at nilibot ang paningin ko sa mga estudyanteng prenteng nakaupo sa kani kanilang respetadong lugar. They are wearing their glorious uniform that makes them more intimidating and respected in the eyes of the newcomers.

I heard some gossip and laughter on the right side so I looked at it. The students who looked like in their Senior Year staring at us with their discriminating eyes. Some even have the guts to point at some newcomers and make fun at them.

Kumunot ang noo ko sa inasal nila at mag-aalis na sana ng tingin ng mahagip ng mga mata ko si Troye na seryosong nakatingin sakin. He looks dashing and genuinely handsome with his uniform.

It's a white long sleeve that is well tucked in his black slacks. He's also wearing a gold tie that might be representing his year and a black combat boots. A gold cape also entangled on his broad shoulders. He looks like a Prince.

Tinanguan nya ako kaya tumango din ako pabalik. He mouthed 'Goodluck' before I averted my eyes on him.

Our line stop so my feet automatically stop too. Sumilip ako sa harapan at nakitang may mga kawal sa magkabilang gilid ng isang matipunong lalaki at isang matandang babae na nasisiguro kong isa sa mga guro dito.

The man looks strict and unfazed while the old lady beside him looks so friendly and even smiling to us.

"Good Morning, Miracles! Today is the yearly enrollment day or I must say, the Test of Hell day! Welcome to the Miracle Heart Academy, newbies. As you can see in your front, there's our outstanding teachers that will examine your magic! Mr. Glenn Miller and Ms. Fatima Benson. Let's give them a round of applause!". Masayang pambungad ng taunang host ng enrollment year.

"You have to touch the glass of water that has a leaf above. If the water bursts out in the glass that means you're an 'Enhancer'. If the water stays still but the leaf breaks apart that means you're a 'Manipulator'. If the water causes a wave inside but not pouring out the glass that means you're an 'Emitter'. But if you made the water change its color and even made the leaf dry that means you're a 'Specialist'. I'm already saying sorry in advance to the newbies if you don't have this kind of special abilities even if you have a strong magic. In this academy, only extraordinary students are accepted".

I touch my left chest when I feel my already pounding heart. I'm nervous. We already tried this kind of process back in the mansion. Troye said he was an Emitter.

Emitters has the power to transfer their aura into projectiles. Ibig sabihin lamang non ay kaya ng mga Emitters na bigyan ng buhay ang mga bagay na walang buhay pwera lamang ang mga tao.

Almost all emitters according to Troye, their main ability is to create illusions and dark spells. That means, it's a high level of magic spells that an ordinary witch cannot do.

"Wanda Harlow. Emitter".

Kita ko ang samot saring reaksyon ng mga estudyante sa sinabi ni Lady Fatima. Well, Emitter are quite dangerous ability that you need to avoid. Its annoying definitely if you are having a battle with a person with that kind of ability.

I already experienced that with Troye and I almost killed him in annoyance.

"Cael Morris. Enhancer".

That caught my attention.

Being an Enhancer is a great thing. If you have that kind of ability, that means you can strengthen various objects' qualities. Even the smallest objects, you can make it strong and can use it as your weapon. If you have a weak magic but have this kind of ability can help you survive. That's an advantage being an Enhancer.

"Heather Brooke. Manipulator".

One of the main deals in that four categories. A manipulator can manipulate any objects or even creatures. They can control anything except humans, but it doesn't make them less powerful. If you are smart, you can be a manipulator without using your own magic.

Manipulating things will reduce almost half of your mana, so if you use both of your ability and your magic in the highest level? You'll die. That's the scary thing about being powerful.

Huminga ako ng malalim ng ako na ang sumunod kay Heather. I stare down at the new glass that Lady Fatima made by her black wand. She's a wizard.

"Don't let them know your ability yet, Tashna. Concealed it for a while and surprised them at the right moment. We shouldn't take a risk this early. You need to know first our enemies".

Tinig ni Papa ang dumagundong sa isipan ko habang hinahawakan ko ng mahigpit ang baso. I calmed myself together with my ability. Hind ko pa pwedeng ipakita ang totoong abilidad ko kagaya ng sinabi ni Papa. I should hide it first until I found our enemies. Showing my abilities here can make them worried and probably hide.

Hindi pwedeng mawala na lang sila ng parang bula hanggat hindi ko sila napagbabayad.

"Tashna Devon Heist. Specialist".

I secretly smirked when the ability that I wanted to show is what it showed. I hear some loud gasps and talk about me because of that. Mr. Miller looked at me with a serious gaze while Lady Fatima gave me a friendly smile.

Being a Specialist is rare. It's so rare that not half of the students here have this kind of ability. There's only a 5% chance that you are part of it. In short, only one to two persons a year are the only ones who have it.

A Specialist doesn't fit in any categories. It's a special ability so it's rare.

There's no given description of what's the use of being a Specialist so many people don't have a care for it. I heard that Magic Councils have been investigating this ability for many years but still don't have any clue .

Being an outcast and not an apple of the eye is what I want. The lesser they care about me, the lesser the chances they will know my hidden intentions.

Naramdaman kong nawala na ang atensyon ng lahat sakin ng isang manipulator ulit ang sumunod sakin. Most of the students eyes are on the new powerful students that possible to be their rivals and already checking them out...

But not HIM.

Nag-angat ako ng tingin at nagtama ang paningin namin. Hindi nga ako nagkamali sa hinala.

The Crown Prince is currently staring at me with his bored emerald green eyes. Nakapangalumbaba ito habang tamad na nakatitig sakin. I avoided his gaze. It's forbidden to a low class person to dare to stare at the royal bloods.

But wait... I'm not part of the low class people right now. Papa wants me to get used to living as a noble woman so that people of Royal City wouldn't question my living.

I saw in my peripheral vision how he slowly smirked when I didn't dare to look back at him. It's impossible for him to know my real status that easily. Siguro ay wala lamang itong mapagkatuwaan kaya nakatitig ito sakin ngayon.

I even conceal my real mana and ability so that no one will know my real capability. Hindi ako makakapayag na masira agad ang mga plano ko ng ganito kadali. I should be extra careful. The Prince is also a specialist. He knows how it fucking works. I can feel it just by his presence and mana.

And that's not great news to me.

* * *

, JustallHer 🌙