CHAPTER 17

Chapter 17:
Applause

Ten competitors are left in this intense competition. Halos hindi ako makapaniwala na umabot na'ko sa pangatlong stage ng labanan na ito. Weeks ago and I still refuse to consider the idea to compete for the last member of Miracles. Naalala ko pa kung paano ako nainis sa pamimilit ni Troye.

And now I'm here, still breathing and fighting for that spot.

The third level of the competition is a one on one battle between the other competitors. Our professor in the defense class, Mr. Murphy, is currently holding a fish bowl consisting of small papers that have our names written in.

Bubunot ang unang nakapasa at kung sino ang mabunot nya na pangalan ay 'yon ang makakalaban nya.

The current battle is the battle between the 1st and 5th competitors who won the two levels quickly. Their battles are intense and the strength they hold are extremely on the next level, and their battle skills are too sharp. Mercy never crosses their eyes while fighting each other. Both have goals...

And that is to be an official member of Miracles.

"You did a great job earlier. I never thought you could use a specialist's ability. That's the second time I've seen someone like you used it. You're cool". Yael told me.

"Thank you". Maikli kong saad sa kanya. Ngumiti naman sya sakin bago binalik sa battlefield ang paningin.

After I beat the Class Z Monster, the whole arena filled with silence. Walang gustong magbigay ng kahit ano mang reaksyon o magsalita man lang. As if like someone cut their tongues and they don't have a choice but to stay quiet.

Ganon din ang naging reaksyon ng mga miyembro ng Miracles. They are still unbothered and less reactive, just like the first time I've seen them. I didn't let myself to get a glimpse of the Crown Prince because I'm sure that his stare never leave me. Hindi ko alam kung bakit ganon sya makatingin.

I take a quick glance to Heather and I saw her gaze at me. When she notice I'm looking at her, she quickly avoid my eyes. Kanina ko pa nahahalata ang mga tingin nya sakin.

I know that I surprised her with my ability and I can feel that she's considering me as a threat to her right now.

Wala naman akong pakealam kung maramdaman nya 'yon. I'm fighting for that spot and claiming it. I realized that it will be a great help to my mission and I can rid someone easily without being doubted.

Marami na akong naiisip na plano kung sakali mang maging miyembro ako ng Miracles. All I need is to make it real.

"Congratulations, Mateo Griffin! You passed the third level! You may now rest for a while and wait for the other competitors that will be with you for a couple of hours". The host said and looked at Professor Murphy. "You can  make them pick again now, Professor, so we can proceed to the next battle".

Our strict prefect walk towards the third contestant which is Heather and made her pick a paper on the fish bowl his holding. Walang makikitang ibang emosyon sa aming propesor kundi ang magkadikit nitong kilay na tila'y laging galit. He gently get the small paper that Heather pick and lazily read it.

"Tashna Devon Heist". He said and glance at me.

Nagkatinginan kami ni Heather. I saw the determination and fiery confidence through her eyes. Tumayo ito at bumaba na papunta sa gitna ng battlefield. Huminga ako ng malalim bago sumunod sa kanya.

Aaminin ko na kinakabahan ako sa pagsusulit na ito. My back is still not in it's normal condition. We can't get a healer or medical specialist because it's prohibited.