CHAPTER 19

Chapter 19:
Party

I cautiously look at Bria while she's treating my wounds with her healing magic. Tahimik ito at seryoso lamang sa ginagawa. Nilibot ko ang mga mata sa kwarto kung saan kami dinala ng itinalagang tagapangalaga para sakin.

I don't know why I need to have someone to take care of me when I can perfectly take care of myself. I wanted to protest earlier but the Head Minister insisted on this.

"You'll need her to protect you when something unexpected happens".

Huling sinabi ng Head Minister sakin bago ako iwanan dito kanina. I know already that he's the one behind this. He also did this favor for the three other Gifted's.

Hindi pa'ko masyadong nagtitiwala sa kanya pero sinabi ni Troye sakin na hanggat wala pa syang ginagawang kahina hinala, wala kaming magagawa kundi pagkatiwalaan sya.

Ayoko sanang pumayag sa ideya ni Troye but I know his judgement too well. His good at decision making so I trust his guts.

"I already closed your wounds and made your bones in their perfect position again. But you still need to rest for days".

Tumango ako kay Bria at pinanood syang hugasan ang kamay sa isang maliit na balde ng tubig na binigay ng aking tagapangalaga. Hindi ko pa inaalam kung anong pangalan nya. Maybe later after I talk to this cold Brianne Lindsey.

"I'm sorry, Bria". Pag-uumpisa ko.

"It's okay, Tash. Troye explained everything to me already".

Tumitig ako sa kanya at binasa ang emosyon sa kanyang mukha. She didn't look mad at me or anything. Pure concerned is only visible on her face.

Tumango ako bago napahinga ng malalim.

"Do you still accept me as your friend?".

Nagtaas sya ng kilay sakin.

"What's with that question, Tashna Devon? Are you doubting our friendship just because of your real identity?". Umiling sya bago lumakad palapit sakin.

She gently held my hand.

"I accepted you not because of your family background or where you came from. I befriended you because of who you are and that's the only thing that matters to me. Don't compare me to those students who can't afford to get close to someone who isn't their levels".

"I'm sorry. I'm not comparing you to them, your way different from them, Bri...I'm just worried. Okay lang sakin kung iiwasan mo ako o kung magtatampo ka sakin. I know that I'm at fault too".

"Iiwasan? Magtatampo?". Bria softly laughed. Kumunot naman ang noo ko.

"I'm not doing those childish things, Tashna. I don't want our friendship to become shallow like that. I want our friendship to be strong and mature. Kung may problema man at tampuhan ay dapat pinag-uusapan agad at hindi pinapatagal. Friendship will not work out without talking".

Now I know why Troye chose this girl over his dozens of admirers. I really do hope that he won't give up and fight for this girl. Bria deserves to have a man like him.

"If you want my help. I'll gladly help you without hesitation, Tash. Just tell me. Don't lie to me again...". Ngumuso ito sa huling sinabi. I just gave her a small smile.

I still can't smile just like the old times. Though, I'm trying. I'm really trying...

"I can't promise you anything, Bri. But I want you to know that I'm going to be a better friend to you this time".