𝓷𝓮𝓾𝓯

❝𝐎𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐮𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐨𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐞 𝐢𝐭.❞
- 𝐌𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚 (𝐁𝐫𝐚𝐯𝐞)

Phoebe and Stefan went the Mikaelson mansion and saw Klaus in a parlor. They enter the room and looks at the painting.

"Looks like a giant snowflake." Stefan commented making Phoebe snort but quickly turn it into a cough when she saw Klaus give her a playful glare.

"I prefer to think of it as an expression of postmodernism. It's my donation to the Winter Wonderland charity event."

Adrian enters the room: "You said it was urgent."

"Yes, take this to the Mystic Grill immediately." Klaus orders him."You want me to be a delivery guy?" 

Klaus walks forward and closes the space between him and Adrian: "What I want is for you to do whatever I say. Without the attitude."

Adrian grimaces and walks over to the painting. He picks it up and starts to leave the room.

"And be careful with that. It's still wet.""Abraham Lincoln freed the slaves, you know."

"God Steffie. No need to give us a history lesson. I hate history. There's no need to learn it. They're all dead."

Klaus chucked and turned to Stefan: "What is the point of my hybrids being sired to me if I can't maximize on the benefits of free labour? What are you doing here?"

Stefan walks down the stairs and into the room.

"Elena is sired to Damon." Phoebe tells him.

"I intuited as much." Klaus smirks making Phoebe shake her head in disbelief.

"Which means I need to find the cure now more than ever and yet here you are making postmodern snowflakes." Stefan looks at him with a blank face.

"I've delivered." Klaus walks away and grabs a cloth to wipe the paint off his hands.

"The sexual tension can't be cut with scissors. I mean even if i'm dating Nik, i ship the two of you." Klaus and Stefan avoid eye contact and glare at her because of her words.

Klaus clears his throat and continues: "I retrieved the Hunter's sword from Italy which we'll use to decipher the map hidden in the Hunter's mark. You're the one who is supposed to deliver the Hunter and his mark."

"Well, Jeremy is the hunter, and he has to keep killing vampires to complete his mark, but we can't quite figure out how to keep him from killing us." Stefan tells him still avoiding his eye.

"Poor Jeremy." Phoebe shakes her head at them.

"Sounds like quite the chore. Which is why I feel perfectly justified doing a little charity work."

"Hmm, or maybe you're lying about having found the sword." Stefan finally looks at him in the eye.

"Why would I lie to you, Stefan?" Klaus strides past Stefan and towards a vault in the other room. "We're in this together."

Stefan and Phoebe follows Klaus into the other room. Klaus turns the dial on the vault and opens it up. 

He takes the sword out: "The hilt acts as a cipher which we'll use to decode the marks on Jeremy's tattoo when he's killed enough vampires to complete it."

Klaus places the sword down on a table. He takes a seat on the sofa and props his feet up on the same table. Stefan picks the sword up and examines it.

"I heard you moved out of your house." Klaus smirks a little making Phoebe hit him on the head and give Stefan 'i'm sorry' look. Stefan looks at him. "Bit of a martyr move, hm?"