𝓭𝓲𝔁

❝𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐰𝐧 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐮𝐩.❞
- 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐲 𝐌𝐨𝐮𝐬𝐞, 𝐃𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐨

Phoebe had left the mansion and knew what Klaus had done. It was her lover's, Hayley's and her brother's fault that her mother is dead now.

It's daytime. A memorial service for Carol Lockwood is underway in the gym of the high school. The students are lighting candles in glass cups as part of the service. 

Liz is speaking at a podium in front of the stand: "Carol Lockwood always said that togetherness in times of tragedy leads to healing, that one community is stronger than a thousand of its members. But how does a community stay strong after losing its leader? And Carol was so much more than a leader; she was an open-minded friend and a concerned mother, taken from us too soon by a terrible accident."

Tyler and Phoebe is among the students, silent but looking on edge.

"Screw this."

"What? Tyler? Tyler?" Caroline goes after him.

Tyler stands up and leaves the gym. Liz sees him leave: "Please join me in observing a minute silence in her memory."

Phoebe stands up with a cold expression on her face. She leaves the gym and sees Rebekah.

"Bea. Hi. How are you?"

When she heard these three words, she broke down. Rebekah wraps her arms around her and rubs her back.

"She's gone, Bekah. I'm so sorry."

"Ssh. It's not your fault."

April comes and hugs Phoebe when Rebekah pulls away.

"Now April my love, let's go put a little show on."

"Wait what?"

"I know everything Bea, don't worry. I'm helping Rebekah with the cure."

"I know some things too. I'll help."

"Oh sweet. Thank you." Rebekah hugs her and pulls away.

April goes to a corner and started fake crying. Elena finds her: "April what's wrong?"

"Nothing. I'm fine."

"But you're crying?"

"It's just the whole mayor thing, you know. It's bringing stuff up about my dad." Elena nods.

"And I know you're a vampire."

Elena looks shocked: "Wait, what?"

Rebekah and Phoebe comes out of nowhere and the blond snaps Elena's neck.

"Was that necessary?" April and Phoebe asks at the same time making them giggle.

"No, but it was fun." Rebekah smiles.

Elena has awakened and is leaning against a bookshelf in the library. She looks around and then gets up. April and Phoebe walks in.

"The assembly is over." April tells the only vampire in the room for now.

"What the hell is going on?" Elena looks at Phoebe for answers but she just shrugs.

"The school will be empty soon...How many times did you compel me?" Elena looks at April.

"Don't...don't lie. Rebekah says you lie."

"Rebekah isn't who you think she is, April. Phoebe do something."