31 - pray

Nobody had updated me on how Josh was doing yet today. I wasn't sure if he was okay but I had to have hope. I had to try.
"Alright," I said, putting my hands together and looking up, "I don't know if this works, but. . . please don't take Josh. I've never really been someone who believes in all this jesus stuff, but it's worth a shot. If Parker were here, he'd know how to do this, but I'm not like him. I don't have the kind of faith and positivity that he always seems have. I don't believe in you, but to be honest, you're my only hope. I really need your help. I need something real to believe in,  and I really need my brother to live. He's all I have right now."
I couldn't stop the tears. I placed my hands on my lap and exhaled. "Please. He's all I have."
"Miss? Someone's here to see you," a nurse said, coming into the room. "She claims to be your mother."
I jumped up out of my chair and ran out of the room. When I saw my mom, sitting on the chair, looking worried, I felt happier to see her than I have to see anyone ever in my life.
"Mom," I choked out, and she looked up.
"Hannah, my goodness," she said, running towards me. She hugged me tightly. "It's okay. It's okay. I'm here, baby."
"Mom, what if he doesn't--"
"Shh, it's okay. It's okay, honey. He will be okay."
I hoped she was right.