27 - sleep

dear malia,

i had to stay over night in the hospital, just so they could check up on me.
the next day i was allowed to go home and i couldn't be more happy.
"i'm thinking of organizing a small funeral," josh said to me as we drove back to the motel.
"oh yeah?"
"yeah," he replied. "i-i dunno. . . i just
think we should have a small little get together to say goodbye the right way, you know?"
i nodded. i took his hand in mine and smiled at him sympathetically.
"thank you, han."
i smiled and released his hand. 

josh didn't want to drive and i could see the fear in his eyes. i told him we could take a cab and come back for the car tomorrow. he agreed and i called the cab. 

when we arrived back at the motel, josh left the room to take a phone call.
"who was it?" i asked him when he came back.
"mum," he told me. "she asked where we were and if we were okay. . ."
"and what did you say?"
"i told her to fuck off."
i gave him a look, knowing that something wasn't right. that was not something josh would say. especially to our mother.
"and then i told her that we were perfectly fine."
i chuckled.
"i'm tired," josh said. "sleep will be good for the both of us right now."
"you're right."
we changed into pyjamas, brushed our teeth, and got into bed.
"goodnight han."

truly,

hannah