4 - echoing

dear malia,

kayla came over to me when i was at my locker.

she said, "hi, hannah."

and i said. "hi, kayla."

i didn't know why kayla was talking to me. she hadn't talked to me for a while. she kind of just stopped being my friend after i told her about my crush on malia. 

"i'm really sorry," was the next thing she said.

"okay," i said because i didn't know what else to say. 

"i miss being your friend, you know," she told me.

that was the first time anyone had ever told me that they miss me. i didn't think i was the kind of person that people missed. 

i missed her too.

"can you forgive me?"

"i can try."

so on that cloudy wednesday, me and kayla became friends again. parker was happy and i guess i was too. 

you know, i'm not even really sure why i'm writing these to you. it's not like i'm going to send them to you. ever. it's kind of like a journal, because i'm just pouring my heart out and telling you about everything, but never actually  telling you. i think i like it better that way. i'm way too scared to admit out loud what i'm feeling. 

anyway, kayla came over to my house that same day. my mum told her it was nice to have her back and hugged kayla, but i didn't believe that. mum always said that kayla was a little bossy and that she swore too much, and she did, but i didn't mind. it was just who she was.

when kayla left, i logged on to my facebook, which i hadn't been on for ages.

you changed your profile picture. i liked the picture a lot.

it was you, and your mouth was open as you laughed. i could almost hear your laugh echoing throughout my bedroom. i smiled because your laugh was perfect too.

your eyes crinkled in the corners. your brown hair was back in a high ponytail.

you looked really pretty but that was no surprise. you always look pretty.

truly,

hannah