1 - simple

dear malia,

if i'm going to be honest, i've liked you for a long time. but you wouldn't know that, would you? probably because i never told you that, but it could also be the fact that you've been too busy with your new boyfriend to even notice my presence.

it's as if you're oblivious to the rest of the world around you, and all that matters is austin fields.

when i walked in the hallways of our school, you used to always greet me with a smile and a hello, but now, you don't look at me and you just kiss your boyfriend who always happens to be right beside you.

i want to be kissed by you.

i wish that austin fields wasn't in the picture because then i could have you all to myself. and i know that sounds greedy and maybe a little mean, but it's just the truth.

i like you, malia. it's really as simple as that. although, at the same time, it seems as though it's anything but simple.

i don't even know if it's okay for me to like you. you're a girl, and i've never felt this way about a girl. i've never felt this way about anyone.

the instant i saw you walk through the doors of markle high school. you looked really pretty, but that's no surprise. you always look pretty.

my best friend, parker, knows that i like you and he doesn't judge me for liking another girl. that's one thing that i love about parker - he's accepting.

kayla, my other (ex?) best friend, told me it was wrong. she hasn't been hanging out with me for awhile. it hurts a bit.
parker said it was absolutely normal to have the feelings i do and he reassured me that he loved me all the same.

i believed him. i always believe parker.

truly,

hannah

___

I had this book idea and I just couldn't wait to share it! I hope you guys enjoy! The chapter will vary in length, but they'll be fairly short like this one as they are meant to be letters/journal entries. Each letter will also be in lowercase as I just find it to more fitting to the letter aesthetic :)