The Sun Will Rise Again Part II

Chapter 37

(following anime episodes from 118 to 122)

Part II

          "Somebody remind me why I agreed on this!" Hissing through her teeth, Hanako kept throwing soft blows of displeasure with every step she took. Her mind was lost in anger, pissed by the situation she found herself in, as she rolled her eyes that soon landed on the source of her emotional state - Yusei and Bruno, who were walking right in front of her, while Rua was trying to keep up with her pace.

"Because you promised?", little boy tried to make a guess, looking now in front in order to share the view with Hanako's eyes, "Since Bruno has never seen a home-made D-Wheel before, remember?"

          "Of course I am going there to help!" She smiled, slowing down to look at Rua's face, not wanting to make him feel uncomfortable, but as soon as those words of comfort left her soul, Hanako's entire face ran to its first position, "But why did he had to come with us?!" She said angrily, looking in front at Yusei's back, as her hands pointed towards him. She was piercing his back with her cold glare that could have easily killed him, if it was physical.

"That is because..." Rua answered her complaints again, searching for the right words to say, but Yusei seemed to be one step ahead of him.

          "Because we are friends!" His cold voice echoed towards Rua and Hanako without him turning around; he was focused on his mission of helping Team Taiyou and make Rua happy, so ignoring Hanako and her tantrums seemed as the right thing to do. He hated himself for that and for giving her this cold treatment, but for now even his own head was a mess and he couldn't stay calm. She was both confusing him and leaving him lost in reality, standing on the crossroad and not knowing which way to turn.

"You speak for yourself!" Hanako shouted angrily at him, but he didn't stop, just kept going, so Hanako opened her mouth to say something more and Rua caught her intention. Reaching for her with his hands, he did what she did: parting his lips to reply, to stop her, to put some sense into her or even calm her down, but then another familiar voice reached his ears, causing all four of them to move their focus.

          "Rua?" Yoshi asked in surprise; this slim, tall and dark blue haired boy, dressed in a green riding suit, whose eyes was now wide open and sparkling like the sun. "It's Yusei!" He screamed in agony, watching the group, while keeping his eyes focused on Yusei only, as if he has seen a god.

"I'm probably out of line here", Rua started awkwardly, scratching the back of his head, "But if you haven't been able to fix it by now-"

          "So this is the home-made D-Wheel?" Bruno's excited and overjoyed voice put an end to Rua's idea to speak his mind, as he was already checking the D-Wheel and having his fingers all over its components.

"Bruno, wait...!" Hanako tried to stop him, reaching for his arm, but it was already too late, "You can't touch someone's D-Wheel without their permission!" Explaining her thought, she started her intent of running towards Bruno, approaching the D-Wheel, but then Jin jumped in front of her, spreading his arms in order to protect the vehicle from their hands.

          "Don't touch it!" He shouted protectively, angering his eyes. "We told you we don't need any help!"

Not going for Hanako's service was nothing that would usually bother her, but refusing her help when it was obvious they needed one just made her angrier. Having Yusei here to bother her was annoying enough and all she needed now was another pair of unreasonable idiots, "Oh, so you don't need our help now?!" She raised her eyebrow and looked under Jin's shoulder, staring at their D-Wheel, but her appearance just confused Jin more.