The Black Rose Witch

Chapter 7

(following anime episodes 40, 41, 42 and 43)          

          Hanako's body was shaking tremendously as she was now looking into Yusei's eyes not knowing what to do. For the first time in years, she was so caught up by the moment where she wanted to run away without looking back... Yusei's eyes were strongly focused on hers, so she was looking back at him giving her best to give back all of those sparkles from his eyes but the moment somehow lasted too long for her taste... Being hypnotised by the look in his eyes, she lost the track of the time and even though the moment they met lasted only few seconds, to her it was like a whole century; and the fact that Yusei wasn't reacting to her at all, made her lost and confused.

"Baby, I..." Yusei finally spoke but then she started being afraid of what he might say to her and she couldn't stand hearing the sound of his voice, so she decided to interrupt his intentions.

          "I-I think... I'll j-just... Leave these here!" She was very loud as her body started to panic; her hands were shaking, so she placed the towels onto the first shelf on the right just to sneak out of the room as soon as possible, "Here are your towels, Martha! I'll have my hammer now and I'm outta here..." Everything she said went out in only one breath and faded quickly, so Yusei was just looking at her completely confused by her actions having a hard time to understand all her words; she grabbed a hammer from the drawer and started moving out of the room when Martha shouted with her voice a bit disappointed.

"Baby, come back here!" She gave Yusei apples and looked at Hanako's direction, "Now!!!"

          Hanako didn't want to make Martha angry, so she just sighed and got back to the room, "Y-yes, Martha...?" Standing on the front door, Hanako was waiting for Martha's reaction while her body was shivering. Martha just smiled as she approached her with a smile just to take the towels from the shelf. She looked at Hanako's frightened eyes, "I'll leave you two to talk..." Martha exited the room shutting the door, leaving Hanako alone with only Yusei sitting on his bed across the room, so she gulped when she realised that. Yusei moved his look away and started gazing through the window to see how his runner is doing and Hanako did the same, trying to meet the direction his eyes were pointing to while she was still standing next to the door.

"Crow said you wanted to talk to me", he whispered to break the silence with his voice down like he was embarrassed because of something but Hanako had no idea that being so wounded and in bed, not being able to move and to protect her was already too shameful for Yusei.

          "Yeah, I guess", she murmured keeping her head down.

"If it's about what happened to Jack and the duel between us, I can explain", he said calmly with his voice still hurt and lowered.

          "I understand", she whispered while her body was tense, "If I were you, I'd probably do the same..." Her words made Yusei look at her with a glance remembering how she was always the one to understand him the best but his thoughts stopped running because she kept whispering to herself loud enough for him to hear what she was blabbering about, "You got your Stardust back, didn't you? And it's all that matters... Reuniting with your most precious monster must be like..."

"Reuniting with you!" He whispered to himself changing the direction of his sight back to his runner that was placed in front of the House and thinking about how bad he wanted to see Hanako after everything that happened. She just ignored the fact that she heard his words but she couldn't hide her face from blushing and after realising how she won't say a word now, Yusei decided to continue with his speech, "Jack's good, if you're worried about him", he was calm, "You must miss him so much".