Just a Mechanic

Chapter 10

(following anime episodes 45, 46 and 47)

          Hanako was walking through the halls of the House searching for Martha. She left Yusei alone with his runner and entered the House because Martha asked her for help, "I wonder where she went", Hanako murmured to herself looking around when she heard some familiar voices coming from the bathroom.

"But Satellite natives can't join Security!" Someone shouted worriedly and Hanako recognised that voice; it was officer Ushio but who was he talking to? Feeling curious, she decided to go to the direction that the voice was coming from just to see what's going on.

           "Nothing's absolutely impossible in this world", Hanako heard Martha answering officer Ushio's question, so she hurried just to make it in time when she saw a little boy standing on the door.

"Takuya?" Hanako was surprised, "What are you doing here?" She started to worry because Takuya might have heard the conversation between Martha and Ushio, so she did her best to distract Takuya from that but he didn't seem down because of what he heard.

          "Ah, Baby!" He smiled happily, "I'm helping the police officer clean up the House!"

"Gramps is cleaning up?!?" She raised an eyebrow refusing to believe Takuya's words.

          "Yes! He's really trying hard!"

"Is that so?" She smiled, "I wonder if Martha made him do that..."

          "One day, I'm going to be an officer just like he is!"

"I bet you will", Hanako smiled approaching the boy, "You'll be the best officer Neo Domino will ever have", she placed a hand on his head, playing with his hair and trying to hide disappointment from her face because she wanted for Takuya to believe those words even though the truth was just the opposite and it would only hurt Takuya. It was hard seeing children from Satellite dreaming so big because the way life here goes, they could never get the opportunity to go to Neo Domino City to use their full potential.

          "We should go see them!" Takuya giggled.

"Sure", Hanako nodded so they entered the bathroom when Hanako saw Martha and Ushio talking. Since Takuya jumped right in, Ushio turned his head to the door and there he saw a little boy with Hanako behind his back. Takuya smiled happily but Ushio's face was either confused or surprised and Hanako supposed it was because Ushio thought Takuya heard their conversation.

          "Ako*, have you finished with Yusei yet?"

"Well... We still have a lot to catch up but", she stopped all of a sudden feeling like this information is not very important to Martha, "We're OK", she smiled slightly.

          "Yeah, Yusei is so cool!" Takuya shouted and his reaction made Hanako giggle remembering how Yusei is popular among the kids just like Crow. Even though they are different in many things, Crow and Yusei had so much in common, especially when it comes to kids and taking care for the loved ones... Only Yusei never had a great social skills like Crow does and it was like that ever since she met them.

"Baby?" Martha said calmly but Hanako wasn't reacting as she was completely drowned in her thoughts about her childhood friends and the time she spent with them in the orphanage. Seeing how she's in some other world, Martha raised the tone of her voice, "Baby!"

          "Y-yes, Martha?" Hanako shook her head.

"We need to set the table!"

          "Ah, sure", she nodded and ran away to the kitchen to prepare everything for the dinner. There, she found Rua and Ruka still eating cookies while Aki was sitting next to them looking at her cup of tea.