The World Without You Part II

Author's Note: I had no idea what to draw for this Chapter, so I am leaving You my adorable ship: Yusei and Hanako (YusAko) or StarFlowerShipping (✿╹◡╹)

Chapter 32

(following anime episodes 107 and 117)

Part II

          After leaving Hanako in the hospital, Crow and Yusei returned back to the garage, where everyone was waiting for them. Even Mizoguchi was still there, because he was impatiently waiting to find out what happened to his lady Sherry during her mission in the Momentum Express. Aki was recovering in the hospital, while Bruno and Jack were keeping an eye on Yeager together with the Twins. Agitated and distressed by the news about Hanako's life that now depended on life support equipment, the Twins' grieving was too much to bear, so they were upstairs with Crow in the living room, while Jack was keeping an eye on Yeager. Having everyone under the same roof, Yusei managed to calm himself a little, knowing they are all safe here, but the cruel fact about Hanako's state still kept lightly flickering deeply inside of his heart, not giving him his usually tranquil and calm spirit. And knowing he still had to explain to Mizoguchi what happened just made it all worse. Luckily, Bruno was with him, so they somehow managed to tell a tale about Momentum Express, their lock down in shuttle and everything that happened to Sherry afterwards.

Hearing their story, Mizoguchi's touch spirit started shivering at the painful realisation how his lady was no longer with him, as he took the Z-ONE card from Bruno and started staring into it, like he was trying to recover Sherry's spirit by his gesture, "This can't be", he finally murmured in disbelief, refusing to just go over with it like it was nothing. His eyes were shimmering from few tears forming in his eyes, while he was his manliness was fighting the sorrow, finally giving in, "My lady was...!"

          "It's hard to explain", Bruno muttered in response, having a hard time to find the right words to say, because there were none.

"We still don't know for sure that Sherry is dead", Yusei added, trying to keep his hope flickering, but that soft flame died at the sudden remembrance of Hanako , "Because Hanako is", he did his best to talk, but once her name slipped over his lips, he lost his words; as his sorrow and painful loss left him completely speechless.

          "What happened to her?" Mizoguchi asked, looking at Yusei's face fall even more.

"She is", Bruno started after realising how Yusei was still having a hard time talking about it, "Her brain is dead, she's been connected to the life support equipment", he added, seeing how Mizoguchi's worried and concerned face altered with fright and shock.

          "Yusei", Mizoguchi started in attempt to say something, but nothing that crossed his mind was enough for comfort. He would love to be that person that is able to say nothing at all, but somehow his loyal personality and the way he was raised were pushing him to say something more. When all of a sudden, luckily for him or unfortunately for Yusei's state, Crow ran downstairs hurryingly, losing his breath in the process.

"Yusei!" He shouted in panic, as if the house was on fire, so even Bruno and Mizoguchi turned to Crow with puzzled look on their faces. Seeing their reaction and the way Yusei focused eyes on his appearance, Crow started explaining himself, "Something unbelievable happened!"

          "What can be so urgent?" Bruno muttered, moving his eyes to Yusei, like he was asking for his permission to move to Crow's pleading, but then Yusei just rushed upstairs without saying a word, so Bruno and Mizoguchi followed him behind, climbing up the stairs to the living room.