Sapphire Eyes Part II

Chapter 6
(following anime episode 36)

Part II

          Doctor Schmidt came as soon as he heard what happened to Yusei assuming how his life could be in danger... He was with Martha in the nursery room removing Yusei's clothes, to see the wound on his abdomen. Since one piece of metal was stick inside, he had to cut Yusei's shirt with scissors while Martha was standing next to him to assist the doctor during the operation he had to take because scraps of metal had to me removed immediately from Yusei's body.

Before Martha came back to the nursery room to bring Doctor Schmidt some medical instruments she kept in the house just in case, Hanako stopped her on the hallway, "Baby, what's wrong?"

          "Martha, let me be inside with him!" Hanako shouted.

"You can't go there, Baby!" Crow protested and Martha agreed with him.

          "Just let me! I haven't seen him for two years and now that I want to make everything right I want to be by his side!"

"But you're too sensitive to watch that!" Crow said again.

           "I don't care!" She shouted back to him, "I want to be there for him!"

"Fine", Martha nodded after she remembered the conversation they had yesterday, "If Doctor Schmidt says it's OK, then be it", she looked away leaving Hanako with Crow alone but before Crow could even say something to her to try to stop her, she ran into the room with Martha to face Doctor Schmidt, who was not surprised to see her.

          "Oh, Baby, it's just you!"

"Doctor, I want to be here while you try to save his life!" She said calmly holding her fists tight, still standing on the door afraid to walk in. She knew that panicking won't bring her any good, so she tried to remain calm especially in front of Doctor Schmidt.

          "I think Yusei would appreciate it", Doctor said with a smile and Hanako didn't believe her ears when she heard it for the first time because she thought that Doctor won't let her be there but as soon as she realised what he has said, a small smile appeared on her face.

"Thank you, Doctor!"

          "Now hurry up, put a mask on and bring me some warm water! We don't have time to lose!"

"Yes, Doctor!" She said running to the kitchen when Crow tried to stop her in the middle of the hallway.

           "Baby, wait!"

"Not now, Crow! Yusei needs me!" She said and disappeared from his sight but was back shortly after that with a bucket of water. Crow assumed it was warm, as the steam was coming out of it and Hanako was running through the hallway keeping that bucket in her arms as she looked like a child holding a ball not wanting to let go.

          "Wait a second!"

"Sorry, can't do that, I have to help them!" She said going to the room and shutting the door. She couldn't differentiate her feelings; she was happy she can help but on the other hand, her body was stoke by fear of losing Yusei forever and she was confused with mixed feelings residing inside of her.

          When she got inside the nursery room, Doctor Schmidt already started removing metal parts from Yusei's body with tweezers. His abdomen was slightly cut and he had an open wound on his right side of abdomen just between his hip and his navel. The sight she saw was terrible and just thinking about losing him without saying a word to him or clearing out misunderstandings that happened made her lose her senses but she kept whispering to herself how she must not back down or lose to her emotions because Yusei needs all the support she can give him. As he was lying on the bed, Doctor Schmidt was standing on Yusei's right side with Martha next to him. She was holding a plate for metal parts that had to be removed and since they had no professional tools for this operation, Doctor Schmidt had to operate Yusei without putting him under anaesthesia, so Yusei was groaning and sweating but still seemed unconscious or at least unaware of his surroundings. Hanako was having a hard time watching the scene, so she brought herself a chair and put it above Yusei's head placing her hands on the table wrapping Yusei's cheeks with her palms. She looked at Doctor Schmidt's hands that were hidden inside the gloves all covered in blood while he was picking out metal parts from Yusei's open wound. Seeing that scene made her body shiver and covered in goose bumps while she felt uncomfortable tickling down her spine... So she had to move her head away, not to look at the scene, concentrating on Yusei's face.