The Final Battle Part II

Chapter 13

(following anime episodes 63 and 64)

Part II

          Yusei, Jack and Crow were still in the middle of the duel with Rex Godwin, who turned himself into a powerful master of both the Wicked God and the Crimson Dragon, but after all of their friends started cheering for them, they regained courage and strength to fight against evil and to win this duel that will connect Satellite to Neo Domino City... And with that thought in mind, Yusei was driving his D-Wheel through the duelling lanes made by condor geoglyph, looking at Godwin's godlike figure.

"Let me show you despair, Yusei Fudo... Wiraqocha Rasca's Effect will, once per turn, reduce my opponent's Life Points to 1 by skipping my Battle Phase!"

          "You're going to reduce Yusei's Life Points to 1 in one go!?!" Jack's eyes widened, "What kind of bull is that?!"

"How's that?" Godwin's wicked smile started piercing through Yusei's soul, "I shall make you experience it all! Impossibility! Powerlessness! Despair!"

          "Sorry, but growing up in Satellite, we don't feel any of that!" Crow smirked.

"Crow..." Yusei whispered, after Crow's words touched his heart.

          "No matter how tough it gets, we'll run straight ahead with the wind whipping us by!" Crow continued, "The one who showed us that was the legendary D-Wheeler!"

"However, he was capable of nothing!" Godwin protested, still standing behind his words.

          "Wrong!" Crow refused to give up, "By trying to smash convention even though he knew it was impossible, that man's..." Crow's mouth got shut all of a sudden, like he was struggling to continue.

"Crow..." Hanako murmured, thinking about everything they've been through, waiting for Crow to say what he wanted to say.

          "Your one-time ambitions touched us all!"

Crow's words made Godwin stop for a moment, as his eyes widened and his body frozen in place. He wasn't expecting something like that to be said, but Crow just continued with his speech, not giving up.

          "Godwin, regardless of what you think, that spirit has been passed down to me, Yusei, Jack, Hanako and everyone in Satellite!" He was shouting from the bottom of his heart, as Hanako was listening his words in awe, "And I'll be damned if we wallow in despair!" Distracted by this, Crow didn't see a bird, sent from the King of the Underworld that rushed to Crow, kicking his back, as it tried to catch him. Surprised by the attack, Crow lost his balance and almost got off the track, but he was skilled enough to recover.

"Crow!" Hanako shouted and let a sigh, after Crow managed to get back on track safely.

          "With wishes alone, one always falls short!" Godwin shouted, "I will severe your bonds! Wiraqocha Rasca's effect activates!"

"I'll make sure these wishes reach!" Crow shouted back at him, "Trap card, open! Life Exchange!"

          "Crow, are you crazy?!?" Hanako cried out in fear.

"When Life Points change via a card Effect, this will target that effect towards myself!"

          "No, Crow... What are you..." Yusei murmured, as his eyes widened.

"I won't let you hurt Yusei!" Crow said to Godwin with the strong will to protect his friend, "His very existence draws our bonds of friendship together! Yusei is the reason why our bonds have strengthened! That's why, no matter how much I get hurt, so long as Yusei's around, our bonds will never be severed!"