Reunion with Jack

Chapter 8

(following anime episodes 44 and 45)

          It's been a while since Yusei left Satellite, so Hanako tried to occupy herself with some other things just not to think about him, as it made her very impatient. She knew he's putting his life into danger and that Aki's psychic powers might actually kill him and it just made it all worse, so she surrounded herself with kids, occasionally checking her runner and giving finishing touches to Yusei's red one, as she now knew exactly what to do with it and how Yusei wanted it to look like. Yusei-GO, what a weird name for a runner, was what crossed her mind, while she was tightening some screws on the red D-Wheel when she heard someone's voice calling for her.

"I knew I'll find you here", Saiga smiled peeking from behind Yusei's runner, so Hanako raised her head.

          "Oh, Saiga", she smiled, "You're still here", she murmured but to Saiga it didn't seem like a question but he decided to explain himself either way.

"Yeah, I fell in love with Martha's cooking", he smiled.

          "Ah, I get it", she giggled, "Martha is an amazing woman!"

"Just like you!"

          "I'm still just a girl, Saiga", she whispered, "I can't do much!"

"I wouldn't say that", he sat next to her opening his laptop, "Just look at those runners. To think how you managed to build yours all by yourself makes me wonder if you're even human!" He laughed.

          "No, I fell from the Moon", she giggled.

"Well... It's almost like I could believe that", he said as he started searching through some articles.

          "Do you have any news about Aki?"

"Well... Here it says she was saved by a man, who brought her to the hospital..."

          "Really?" Hanako jumped just to see the article, "Jack?!?"

"Yeah, looks like he found her unconscious in that building and saved her life!"

          "Jack is a real hero", Hanako smiled thinking about him.

"Oh, really?" Saiga didn't try to hide his surprise, "I thought he was just a jerk..."

          "He's not! In fact, he's a real gentleman!" Hanako raised a finger pointing to the sky; she borrowed that gesture from Crow, "You'll see once you get to know him better!"

"Can't wait..." Saiga rolled his eyes while the tone of his voice was ironically teasing Hanako.

          "Oh, c'mon, Saiga! Don't tell me you really believe everything people say about him!?!"

"Well... You can't blame the newspaper!"

          "Books are so much better", she sighed.

"Look at this!" Saiga shouted, "It says that Aki was just being used by Divine. Apparently he wanted to make an army of psychic duellists just to start a war with the world!"

          "Poor girl", Hanako whispered covered in sadness, "And to think she's my age", she remembered how Yusei told her a lot about Izayoi Aki.

"Right! And she was one of the best Divine had in his sleeve!"

          "Saiga, isn't that supposed to be top secret information?" Hanako realised how Saiga has an access to some really serious and detailed information about an hidden organisation like Arcadia Movement.