Unintended - Kawaguchi Yurina

You could be my unintended

Your P.O.V.

"Your highness, the Princess came to see you." I was startled from my position when a maid came into my room.

"U-uh, yes. I will be down in a moment." I told her before she bowed and went out the door.

I was in the middle of packing some clothes secretly, so I was nervous and scared that someone would find out.

My parents, the King and Queen, wanted to marry me off to someone. They haven't told me yet who it was, but I heard them talking about it.

I didn't like the idea. Because I was in love with someone else. And I'm going to run away with her.

Once I grabbed the duffel bag, I peeped at the halls to see if it was empty, so I quietly ran while scouting the area.

When I arrived downstairs, a maid passed by so I hid the bag behind me and shooed her before she can bow and greet me.

After arriving at the kitchen, I sighed of relief to see that it was empty. This was the only way out since it has a door leading to the backyard without guards.

Once I got outside, I breathed in the fresh air and gathered all the courage I have. I glanced at the bushes and the covered hole that I went through whenever I would secretly meet my lover.

"What are you doing?" my eyes widened and I immediately snapped my head to look at the person who spoke.

"Your highness! I uh..." it was the princess whom the maid told me about earlier.

"Tch, are you really using formalities now?" she smirked.

"What?! You startled me so I got nervous!" I pouted.

I hid the bag behind the door and faced her properly while she continued to mock me.

Her name was Yurina. The only child of the kingdom next to ours. Both our parents were very close, that's why the two of us grew close as well.

"Anyways, you didn't answer my question." she said.

"What question?" I asked.

She looked at me suspiciously so I started to get nervous that she caught me escaping.

"Didn't someone tell you earlier that I was here?" she sighed and walked towards me.

"No--I mean yes. That's why I'm here." I replied and smiled sheepishly.

She looked me up and down before slightly nodding her head.

"Anyways, why did you come?" I asked before kicking the bag farther inside the kitchen and closing the door.

"Hasn't the King and Queen told you yet?" she questioned me.

"Tell me what?" I asked in return.

She looked at me with an eyebrow raised while I just shrugged.

"Nothing." she looked away and started to walk around the lawn with her hands behind her.

I looked around the place, being wary of maids or guards.

"Okay, Yurina, uhm, if have nothing else to say I actually need to go--"

"Are you escaping again?" she cut me off.

I was stunned by her claims so I stood there frozen. She turned around to face me with a blank expression.

"What do you mean? No, I'm not." I lied.