True Love Waits - Kawaguchi Yurina

Just don't leave

Your P.O.V.

I was staring at the rays of the sun that was seeping through the trees. It was unusually sunny after a heavy storm, and it felt peaceful.

Just like how I felt deep inside. A huge storm was raging in my head, but I was still hoping for my own sun to shine. Still waiting for a miracle to happen.

I wanted to break free. To escape this place and live my own life, where I can do what I want and go where I hope to be. Anywhere is fine, as long as it's not like this place.

"You will be marrying the prince that we choose for you."

Not like here, where my future is planned. Where I just do what I am told. Where I am forced to love someone who benefits my family and my kingdom.

I shifted my gaze on the white blanket that was in my hand. It felt soft after I laid my hands on the dirt and the grass.

It had to be done.

I stood up and tangled the cloth, tying it into a high branch and making sure it was strong enough to carry me. After tugging it a few times, I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths.

This was the only way that I can think of. The only way to escape my reality, the cold and harsh truth. Not like this warm and soft hand--

Wait what?

I opened my eyes and immediately saw the smiling face of a beautiful woman. Her hand was cupping my cheek and her eyes were directly staring deep into my soul.

"W-who are you?" I stuttered.

"You don't have to do this, your highness." she gently told me.

Her voice sounded like an angel's as it echoed in my ears. It was like entering the gates of heaven as she touched my skin.

"What do you m-mean? How did you--" tears were threatening to fall as I continued to stare at her.

"Life must be hard for you... And I know there's a lot you've been going through." she muttered.

The fact that she knows I'm struggling and that I'm on the verge of giving up is still a wonder to me. But it was all I needed. It was the only thing that I needed.

"But you need to hold on. A lot of people need you to hold on." she rubbed my cheek with her thumb.

Her words were seeping in through my heart as I let my tears fall down my face. I didn't care if I was ugly crying in front of this attractive girl, but it made me want to. In her warm touch, I became very vulnerable. I didn't even know her.

"It's okay, just let it all go..." she whispered to me and rubbed my back.

"But..." I mumbled against her shoulder.

"Who are you really?" I asked, slowly pulling away to look at her.

She giggled a bit which gave me some strange feeling in my stomach, before she held out a hand to me.

"I'm Kawaguchi Yurina." she said with a smile.

"It's such a pleasure to meet you, Yurina. And I'm--"

"You're Tobio Y/n, the princess." she cut me off.

I felt heat spread through my cheeks so I looked down and scratched my nape.

"So, uh, what are you doing here, in the middle of the forest?" I questioned.

"Hm, I was just wandering around." she replied, the smile not wearing off her lips.