All Too Well - Huang Xingqiao

This isn't requested, but this is for StarRiverMagic and other readers who have been waiting for a story for our Xingqiao <3

Your P.O.V.

"Happy Birthday Y/n!" my friends and family greeted me as I blew the cake.

I was smiling from ear to ear, looking at all the faces of the people that I cared about.

"What was your wish?" my friend, Yeseo asked me.

"It's a secret." I stuck out a tongue at her and laughed.

Not long after, we were all digging down on the food and chit-chatting amongst each other. The laughter surrounding the whole kitchen and their smiles were blinding me with joy.

Then I looked out the window, the light from the lampposts brightening up the dark street. It had almost been a long time since I felt this happy, and filled with love.

"Hey, you okay?" my older sister suddenly nudged me.

"Yeah." I smiled and nodded.

"Loosen up, have some fun. It's your birthday." she stated.

"I am having fun, Chaehyun." I chuckled.

"You sure?" she questioned.

"Yes, don't worry." I assured her.

She nodded her head and continued eating. I tried to resume the conversations with my friends and eat too, but something kept bothering my mind.

"Hey, I'll just get some fresh air outside for a while." I whispered to Chaehyun, avoiding for the others to hear.

"You want me to accompany you?" she asked, wiping her mouth with a tissue and her eyes full of concern.

"No, it's fine. It'll just be for a short while. Tell them I would be back soon." I told her and patted her shoulder as I went out.

As soon as I opened the door, the cold wind brushed past me. The year was ending soon, and a new one would come. So it was as cold as I expected it to be.

Nonetheless, I stepped out the door and exhaled as I roamed my eyes around the place. Time had passed by, but it still feels like it won't fly by. Because my mind kept on replaying the bits of memories that I was left with.

I still remember it all too well...

Flashback

"Where are we going?" I asked while tucking in the seatbelt against me.

"You'll see." she turned to look at me with a sweet smile painted on her lips.

It was late in the afternoon and she asked me to go on a drive all of a sudden. So now we were in her car, her hand was on mine and my gaze was on her.

I watched as we exit through the city roads and on to the highway. The wind was blowing my hair and it was cold, but her touch was as warm as the summer.

We were leading to the mountains and I didn't speak a word. Her eyes drifting into mine at times was enough to fill the silence.

"We're here." she said as she turned off the engine and opened the car door.

The surrounding tall trees and fallen leaves welcomed the two of us. We both walked towards each other then I slowly reached for her hand, as if it was the only thing that I knew to hold.