It Will Rain - Su Ruiqi

I'll pick up these broken pieces 'till I'm bleeding, if that'll make it right

Your P.O.V.

"Y/n, I don't think I can make it..."

I heard Yurina's faint voice on the other line. I held the phone tightly as I felt my chest tightened. Tears were flowing in my eyes and I couldn't do anything to make it stop.

"P-please... Survive f-for me..." I sobbed.

Rapid breathing was heard from the phone and I was desperate, hoping and praying that a miracle could happen and save her.

"Y/n... T-thank you for... everything." she spoke and I hope it wasn't the last time that she did.

But when I called her name repeatedly, I heard no response. Nothing, but endless gunshots and cries of war.

I ended the call and collapsed on the floor. Just a few seconds ago, I lost my one and only bestfriend. A few months ago, I lost her to war. And now, I lost her to death.

She said it was her dream to protect people, so I supported her. But it ended up like this.

"Yurina..."

I cried and cried, but it didn't feel any better. Because I wasn't going to see any more of her. It was the last.

If only there wasn't such a thing as war. If only the nations held peace among one another. If only those greedy bastards didn't exist. If only...

Rage started growing deep inside of me. I hated the people, I hated the nation, I hated fate.

I stood up and quickly packed my things. Tears were still flowing down my face, but anger was starting to stop them. I was desperate, and now I'm going to take some action.

As soon as I went out, I started the engine of my car and drove as fast as I can. Speeding ahead as if there were no rules, as if my life depends on it.

Because it did. My life had been only to revolve around the people I care about. And I just lost one of them. Now, I'm going to make sure I don't lose another.

"Excuse me miss, but you can't--"

I didn't bother to stop and listen to the soldier and just went past them. They called me out louder but I didn't care.

Then they went in front of me and held me back.

"I'm sorry miss, but you can't just enter in here. This is--"

"I don't give a fvck! I need to see someone!" I snapped.

"Civilians are not allowed to just enter here without permission. You need to--"

"I said I need to see someone!" I cut them off and tried to go past them, but they held my arms and pulled me away.

I used every ounce of my strength to trudge forward, but they were soldiers after all. And I was just a weak, and vulnerable person.