Day & Night - You Dayeon

Sometimes, like a gentle breeze I suddenly think of you

Your P.O.V.

I held my knees tightly as I succumb to the darkness that surrounds me. It is already deep in the night and yet here I am, outside the house and letting the cold wind rush through me. 

It was so quiet but inside of me, I was deafened by the countless thoughts that rummaged my chest. I was tired, and I felt helpless. Nights have been this way for me, and I wasn't getting used to it any sooner.

"You're useless." my aunt told me in my head.

I snuck my head in between my arms and shushed the sadness that was beginning to break out.

"You're not useless." I thought I was mistaken, but when I looked up I saw a person.

"How can you say so?" I managed to utter.

She came closer and knelt down to be in the same level as I am. And it was then that I saw her features. She had long hair, fair skin, and a somehow high cheekbones. She was beautiful amidst the dark night.

"Because I know so." she smiled and managed to shush my loud thoughts. Now all that I can hear was the comforting beat of my  heart.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"You Dayeon." she replied.

"It's a beautiful name." I smiled.

"You're beautiful too." she giggled.

"Are we neighbors?" I questioned.

She sat down beside me and made herself comfortable.

"I'm somewhere close." she answered.

After that, we talked for a while which made me calm down. And ever since that night, whenever I would go outside and feel like my existence was nothing, she would come and we would talk until I was able to sleep peacefully.

~~~

"Hey, where are you going?" I was running down the stairs in a hurry until my aunt caught my attention.

"Uhm, I'm just going to go somewhere, with a friend." I answered while looking down.

"The dishes aren't washed yet. Tend to them before you leave." she instructed before going upstairs into her room.

Damn it.

I was supposed to go out with Dayeon. A month has passed and we grew closer, this was the first time we would be spending time away from the house.

But I had no choice since I don't want to lose a home, so I did as I was told to and tried to wash the dishes as quick as I can.

"Y/n!" I can feel my face light up as soon as I heard my name being called by a familiar voice.

"Dayeon!" I called back.

We were in town and people passed by as I tried to make my way to her. I received stares from some strangers so I gave them an apologetic look before continuing to walk.

"Was I too loud?" I sheepishly asked her.

"Probably." she chuckled.

"So, where shall we go first?" I excitedly asked.

"Oh, I know a place that sells delicious food. Wait here, I'll go buy us some." she said so I hummed and found a bench to sit on.

It was a cold winter day but I felt warm. Very warm. I don't know if it was the cheap coat that I was wearing, or the feeling of comfort inside my chest that I get whenever I'm with Dayeon.