Wedding Day - Kim Doah

Doah's P.O.V. 

"Why is the world so cruel to me, Doah?"

I sighed for the hundredth time today as I watched Y/n drink another shot of soju and whine about her situation.

"The world is as cruel to everyone as it is to you. So don't feel alone." I muttered.

"I know that. But exactly how many times do I need to experience this kind of heartbreak?" she ranted.

"What heartbreak? I don't think you've been dating someone recently." I asked.

She turned to me with a disappointed look on her face and just rolled her eyes before drinking another shot.

"You know how my two exes broke my heart and dated someone close to me? Someone whom I trusted." she replied.

"Yeah. I thought you were over that already?" I questioned.

"I've moved on. But someone told me, that just because you've moved on it doesn't mean that it can't hurt you." she explained.

Her eyes were starting to get teary and I can notice it even if the room was dark. I have known her for quite a long time, but she doesn't usually cry over her exes like this.

"Is something wrong? Did something remind you of them again?" I asked.

She kept her gaze at the wooden table and held back her sobs. It was quiet for a while and I can sense how she was hesitating whether to spill some words or not.

"My cousin's getting married." she mumbled.

"I see nothing wrong with that." I chuckled.

"He's getting married with my ex." she added.

I held the urge to gasp and just widened my eyes in shock. While this poor girl here slammed her head on the table and sobbed quietly.

"Which one? Your idiot ex or the kind one?" I questioned.

"Obviously the kind one. My cousin wouldn't marry someone like my first ex." she answered.

"Oh." it was all that I can say right now.

I don't know much about them, but all I knew was that her second ex was the best girlfriend that Y/n has ever had. Well, up until now. They met in college when Y/n was a sophomore, and her ex was their senior. They lasted quite long, but eventually broke up because her ex had to work overseas.

"Life sucks." I laughed lightly when she spoke.

"What are you going to do, then?" I asked.

"I don't know. I don't want to see her again, but I also love my cousin too much to be absent on his wedding day." she sighed.

"When's the wedding?" I asked again.

"Next week." she replied.

"Then shouldn't you be going to your hometown now?" I panicked.

She grabbed the bottle of soju and was supposed to pour more on her glass, but I stopped her.

"That's why I came here to you, Doah. I'm conflicted. I have no idea what to do." she cried.

I stood up from the chair and wore my coat, dusting off the crumbs on my pants before turning back to Y/n who was still slumping on the table.

"You should bring a plus one then." I suggested.

Her head slowly looked up at me with her eyelids half open.

"What?" she asked.

"Don't worry. I got you." I told her with a smirk on my lips.