Dating - Shen Xiaoting

Your P.O.V.

"Let's stop this."

A sigh escaped my mouth as I said those words.

"What?" I heard her mumble.

I lifted my head up and finally looked at her. The way her red hair flowed down her shoulders, how her eyebrows were raised in disbelief, and the pain that her eyes were holding.

"You heard me, Xiaoting. Let's stop this--"

"Who are you to tell me to stop this? We're just dating we're not even in a relationship." she scoffed.

I felt taken aback after hearing what she said. Obviously, I'm getting roasted right now.

"Okay, chill. I was just joking." I forced out a chuckle to hide the nervousness I was feeling.

My plan honestly failed, so I should resort to plan B.

"Were you? You looked serious." she replied.

I shook my head and smiled to somehow calm her down and make her believe that I was really kidding.

"No, no. I was just trying to see your reaction." I chuckled.

She heaved a sigh of relief and drank the water that was untouched since the time she sat on this table.

"I would've killed you if it was real." she threatened with a sinister smile.

I gulped once again and just laughed to lighten the atmosphere.

"Why? Just like you said, we're just dating. It's not like we love each other... or something." I stuttered.

To be honest, that was a lie.

The reason why I tried to break up with her was because for the past weeks that we've been hanging out, or so-called "dating", I made the mistake of actually falling in love with her.

The Xiaoting who dates people for fun, who rejects all the girls who confessed to her, who is so popular that I always wonder why she ended up trying to date me.

"I know. Just... don't stop dating me unless I say so." she demanded.

I clicked my tongue and mentally rolled my eyes while I drank my water as well.

"Whatever you want." I muttered with another sigh.

"So, I should be going ahead because I still have things to do. I'll call you later, okay?" she stood up and caressed my cheek with a smile before walking away.

Oh lord. If only her smile wasn't so mesmerizing and she didn't look so attractive like that, then I wouldn't be in this situation right now.

My friends always tell me how lucky I am to be dating her. Well, I used to believe that too when we first started. But the more time we spent together, the more that I fell for her.

And the more that I fall, the more pain it would bring me when the day comes that she replaces me with another girl.

Just like how I was merely a replacement to her ex-date.

"So? Did your plan work?" my friend asked me.

I lied down her bed and groaned in annoyance.

"No, Jungeun. She was angry that I tried to stop dating her." I whined.

When I heard her laugh, I snapped my head to give her a glare.

"What's so funny about that?!" I asked.

"Sorry. It's just funny how you used to wish all the time that you would get the chance to date her. And look at you now." she answered while trying to hold her laughter.