Still Into You - Shen Xiaoting

I should be over all the butterflies, but I'm into you

Your P.O.V.

I stared at myself through the mirror and sighed. I am currently in a restroom, trying to find a way to escape this blind date that I've been set up.

As soon as I came back to the table, my so-called 'date' smiled at me.

"What took you so long?" she asked me in a high-pitched voice.

"Uh, I'm sorry but someone just called me for something important. I think I have to go." my expression told me I was sorry but mentally, I was grinning.

"Oh. Well, I think we should just continue this date sometime then." she immediately frowned.

"Uh, I'll see." I just gave her an apologetic smile and bid her goodbye in a rush.

Once I got out the restaurant, I exhaled and relaxed myself. Then I dialed a number.

"Hello?"

"You said she was decent!" I gritted out.

"She is! Well, as far as I know." I heard her chuckle from the phone.

"She's like a talking red flag!" I complained, not minding the people I pass by the street.

I got more frustrated when she laughed.

"Ruiqi, this isn't funny! I tried so hard to be nice to her!"

"Calm down, Y/n. I get why you're angry but to be honest, I think she really is nice."

"You must be blind."

"No. You're just too blinded by your ex. She probably set your standards that high."

What she said got me speechless. My ex and I broke up 3 months ago and I've been trying to put it all in the past now.

But all these efforts are useless.

"See? You can't even talk when I bring her up. I didn't even mention her na--"

"Shut up."

"What? It's true and you know it."

I sighed and stopped walking to enter a café.

"I've moved on from her. And she probably has too."

"I don't think so."

"What do you mean? Can't you see that I'm trying to date other people already?"

"I'm not referring to you, dumbass. I'm talking about Xiaoting."

The moment I heard her name, I froze. I hated myself everytime I acted like this, because it meant that she still has this effect on me.

"What do you mean? I'm sure she's moved on already. If not because she has someone else, then probably because she's too busy being an idol."

"I think you forgot that I'm on the same group as her and I'm with her almost 24/7."

"Pfft, so?"

"SO, I know if she's moved on from you or not."

It was my turn on the queue so I ordered first before sitting down at a table.

"Sorry, I had to order."

"Yeah, well anyways, as I said I don't think she's over you yet."