18 - Fujimoto Ayaka

These arms are made for holding you

Your P.O.V.

"Ms. Ikema! Someone's looking for you." I was shocked when our boss opened the door to the office and called my attention.

"Who is it sir?" I asked, curious as to who was looking for me at this time of the day.

Maybe it was my sister? She always called me even at office hours whenever she missed me. But she will never bother to go here though...

Then he opened the door wide open, giving space for another person to go in. When I saw who it was, the familiar black hair and the tall figure, my heart skipped a beat.

The whole room was finally looking at her as she held a bouquet of flowers and a huge smile on her face.

"I see you've got a suitor." my boss grinned.

We both laughed as our eyes met, and I immediately felt heat spread through my face.

"She's not a suitor, sir." I giggled.

I noticed her give me a suspicious look while smiling in a teasing way, so I just shook my head.

"Really? Go ahead then, she already excused you for a while." he instructed.

My co-workers gave me teasing looks and fake coughs while I just stood up and went out the door with her.

"Not a suitor, huh." she chuckled.

"What do you mean?" I laughed.

She just shook her head and shrugged while looking away.

"So, what brought you here? I thought it was Ruan who was looking for me at first." I asked.

Instead of answering, she handed me the flowers. I was curious as to why she was giving me this out of the blue, but I took it anyways.

Once I scanned it properly, I noticed two pieces of paper in the middle of the roses. I took it out, and my jaw dropped when I read the text it contained.

"What? I didn't know they were going to hold an event like this." I gasped.

"I visited the dogs earlier. There were posters around and the staff told me about it." she explained.

I looked at the two tickets again. It was a fundraising event for the dog shelter that we always visited in our free time. But it wasn't just a simple event.

"'Attend with a partner and go home with a buddy.', what does it mean?" I questioned.

"Oh, they said that if you brought another person with you, you can adopt a dog." she smiled.

"So that's why you bought two tickets..." I snickered.

To be honest, I thought it was something else. More like, a date perhaps?

"I really want to adopt Cookie." she pleaded.

"Sure, I'll go with you." I agreed.

She cheered and hugged me all of a sudden, so I was caught off guard and felt giddy inside.

"But why did you have to ask me now? The event is still tomorrow." I pointed out.

"Well, I knew that you were going to accept my offer. So I brought you lunch as a thank you gift." she held out a lunchbox at me which I accepted.

"I prepared that by myself. I hope you like it." she beamed.

I would've liked it anyways though, since she made it.