Night Changes - Lee Hyewon

Does it ever drive you crazy, just how fast the night changes

Your P.O.V.

I was standing outside the café while watching a snowflake fall down into my palm. After blowing it away, I snuck my hands into my warm pockets and shivered in the cold.

Then my phone rang, so I answered the call immediately after seeing who it was.

"Hyewo--"

"Your girlfriend told me to inform you that your date is canceled." a deep voice talked to me through the phone.

"Who is this?" I sternly asked.

"Oh. This is--"

The voice got cut off then I heard shuffles on the other line.

"Hey Y/n. I'm sorry that was my friend. She was just joking with you."

I sighed of relief after hearing that the person was just a friend.

"It's okay. And uh, the date?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll be right there. Stay safe, okay?"

I hummed as a response before ending the call. To be honest, I really got nervous for a second there because I thought she already found someone else. And other than that, I was worried too that our date will be canceled again.

Though I understand why they always get delayed for another time. We're both idols and it's not just time that we have a problem with.

"Oh, is that Kim Y/n?" I heard someone mumble from not too far, so I lowered my cap and walked away from the place.

Privacy had always been an issue. We were already lucky if we went out and no one noticed us.

I stopped in front of another café and decided to wait there instead, since it had less people. I walked in and ordered a drink before settling down at an empty seat.

It was cold outside and just in case Hyewon wouldn't make it to our date again, at least I wouldn't die freezing in the cold.

My phone rang and I opened it excitedly, expecting it was Hyewon. But it was my fellow group member.

"What?" I sighed.

"You sound so grumpy. You got stood up again?"

A chuckle escaped my lips while I mentally rolled my eyes.

"No, at least not yet. Is Yeyoung not there? Why are you calling me?"

"She went out for a while. The others are sleeping right now and I'm bored."

"Excuse me Ms. Ryu, but I'm not your personal clown or something that entertains you when you're bored." I scoffed.

"Well,entertaining me at least is better than getting dumped--"

"Y/n?" I looked up and saw Hyewon already standing beside me.

"Hey. Uh... I'll go now." I ended the call and faced Hyewon as she sat down across from me.

"Who was that?" she asked, her eyes smiling because half her face was covered by a face mask.

"Oh, it's just Sion. Who was the one who called me earlier? Was it a guy?" I asked in return.

"No, it's Sein. She just deepened her voice." she laughed.

I nodded my head and took a sip of my drink. It was quiet between us as I continued staring out the window. We looked like strangers instead of lovers.