7 Things - Fu Yaning

Your P.O.V.

"I told youu, they're not that bad." my girlfriend told me.

"Not that bad?! I think it's very obvious that they're bad influences to you!" I yelled.

"They're not! You just think that because you don't like what we're doing." she rolled her eyes at me.

"Riding in your motorcycles almost every night, beating people up just to get paid by a gangster?!" I huffed.

"Those people are not nice people anyways! And he's not a gang--"

"Hey Yenny, what's taking you so long?" a bunch of her friends then came in wearing leather jackets and cigarette sticks in their mouth.

"Oh, it's nothing. I was gonna go anyways." she gave me a glance before taking her jacket and walking away.

"Hey we're not yet done talking!" I told her before she can go out our apartment.

"Let's do it another time." she replied without turning back.

"Looks like you've been fighting with your crazy girlfriend again." one guy muttered to her, which I heard.

I clenched my jaw and felt offended at what he said. Then I looked at my girlfriend, expecting her to defend me.

"Ugh, don't mind her. She's being a pain in the ass."

I just stared with my jaw dropped as they walked out the door.

"A pain in the ass..." I thought to myself as I let out a chuckle.

This wasn't the first time that she left me like this. Though after all those, I just can't get used to it. Maybe because everytime I expected her to change, she does the exact opposite.

I just exhaled and went to our shared room and lied down the bed. Without her, the bed felt cold and big. Many nights have passed and it continues to be like this.

And just like every time, I sleep by myself hoping that I wake up to see her face first thing in the morning.

I groaned and rubbed my eyes, feeling a bit more relaxed after getting hours of sleep. I stretched my arms and sat up, but something refrained me from moving.

I turned my head to look beside me and saw the face that I had hoped to see.

"You came home." I mumbled even though she was fast asleep.

I fixed her hand on my waist and turned my whole body just to face her. It was very comforting to watch her sleep while the rays of the sun seeped through the window behind her.

My hand reached out and tucked in a piece of her hair that covered her face, cupping her cheek afterwards.

"Hmmm." she hummed and slowly fluttered her eyes open, looking straight at me.

She smiled and closed her eyes once again while I wrapped my arms around her.

"I still hate you, you know." I whispered while drawing circles at her back.

"Baby... We've been over this a thousand times. I told you I'm not--"

"Are you really not going to listen to me?" I pulled away and looked at her with a blank expression.

"This is hard for me too... They're my friends and I can't just walk away from them." she explained.

I just stared at her for a few seconds, before sitting up and going to the bathroom to do my routine.

After taking a bath, I went out and saw her still lying down the bed.

"Baby... Look, this is how I earn too." she told me but I didn't spare her a glance.