Chapter 2

Yujin's POV

"I'll sign them later," I told Wonyoung before looking back at the computer.

Hold up, what are you doing here? Aren't we done with the story? I swear, you better not make me feel shitty again, author-nim. Haven't things been tough for me already? What are you going to do now?

(Author: Just tell them what you're doing.)

Tsk, fine. What's up, guys. Yes, go on and hate me for leaving Minju. I'll wait...

Are you done now? Okay. You may ask how have things been. Well, I have one word for you. Miserable. Yes, if studying wasn't tough enough, taking over the company here in Boston isn't any easier. You may be wondering what Wonyoung is doing here in my office. Yep, she became my secretary.

And you may also be wondering. Are we married yet since it's been 5 years? Well, I don't know if this is a good or bad thing but no. We're not. We called it off, well, I managed to not sign the paper. Like, the marriage registration paper. Well, we didn't need to.

Flashback to 2 years ago...

"News flash, the daughter of Ahn Incorporation is reportedly getting married to the Jang family's daughter--"

I switched off the tv as I made my way to the kitchen. Wonyoung came into the living room and saw me in the kitchen. She approached me and hugged me from the back.

"We don't have to do this you know," Wonyoung said while laying her chin on my shoulder as I put the cup in the sink.

"But I have to. We finished university and they're asking us to register our marriage."

She then let go of me and sat me down.

"Yujin-ah. As much as I want to marry you, I won't force you to. I can't force you to love me even though I know you're trying hard."

I frowned while looking at her.

"But your dad might not like that idea. I can't just say no to our fathers. You know what happened."

I stood up and she made me sit down again.

"Look, I've already told my father that we're not going to do it."

I raised my eyebrow.

"You what?"

"We don't have to get married."

"What about my dad?" she put her hand on my shoulder.

"He said it's fine."

I hung my mouth open, visibly shocked at what I just heard.

"Y-You're saying he agreed for us not to get married?"

She nodded while smiling and pulling out her phone. She cast the screen on the tv in the living room and pulled me on the couch. She then went into her gallery and showed me a video.

It's from my father.

"Yujin-ah...I know I have been hard on you ever since you were born. Appa is sorry for that. When your mom passed away that night, I was really too mad at the person who did it that I let my feelings take over me and I really regret what I did to Mrs. Kim's family. I really do. I tried to get away from those thoughts by focusing solely on work, forgetting that I still have a daughter with me even though I lost my wife. While you were away in Boston, I found a box your mother left before she left. Apparently, she left a note for you and I've actually mailed it over to you."

Wonyoung passed me an envelope. She paused the video to let me read it.

'To my future daughter, Yujin. You'll be reading this when you're 18 because that was when I fell in love with your father. I just want you to know that whenever things get tough, eomma will always be here to help you. When you take over the company, please be patient with appa. He's a good man even if he's going to be harsh to you. I hope you have been a good daughter to your appa and me. I'm writing this now when you're still in my stomach, kicking me nonstop, waiting to come out. I just want you to know that there will be a day where you will find someone who loves you as much as appa and eomma loves you. You just have to be patient no matter what obstacles come your way. I believe you'll be a great child, my daughter. And I also hope by now you have found that someone for you. If you haven't, don't worry, you're still young. There's still plenty of time for you to find that someone, alright? Just remember, I'll always be here for you and appa will be too. I love you Yujin-ah.'