Chapter 9

Third Person's POV

The two of them finished eating and Yujin volunteered to wash the dishes while Minju just went to sit on the couch as she waited.

The latter is getting nervous for no apparent reason. Her whole body tensed up as she thought about what she wants to say to Yujin.

Yujin then finished washing the dishes before approaching Minju who was sitting on the couch. The taller sat down beside her with a noticeable gap while they just sat there. Minju hesitated a little before actually speaking up.

"So...it's been a while," Minju said while clenching her jaw as Yujin nodded.

Things couldn't get more awkward.

"Why did you come back? I thought you said you weren't going to come back." Minju asked blatantly while waiting for Yujin to answer.

Yujin pressed her lips together, not knowing how to answer her question. She can't just tell Minju everything because that would lead to things that she doesn't want to happen.

"Well yeah...but my dad said I could take over the company here in Korea, so...I'm here."

"Uhm..." Minju doesn't know what else to talk about since she didn't want to sound too rash.

Yujin just wants to take things slow and not rush too much.

"Have you...uhm...found someone?" She asked while feeling herself tense up. It has been five years and she thought it would be impossible for Minju not to find someone else after so long. Minju doesn't know why is she suddenly asking this when Yujin literally has a wife.

"Y-Yeah...well, it wasn't easy for me at first, but I'm trying to move on...I guess."

The moment Yujin heard that she knows her chances aren't high anymore. The fact that Minju found someone to replace her means she technically has no hope in getting Minju back.

What was I even hoping for?

"Does that person treat you nicely?" She needs to ask this question to know that Minju is in safe hands.

"Yeah, actually you know her." Yujin widened her eyes slightly.

"Who?"

"Chaewon."

Yujin's eyes widened fully when she heard the name.

"C-Chaewon?" Yujin's voice trembled while Minju furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"Yes...Chaewon..." Minju tilted her head slightly and stared at how Yujin's expression changed into a rather uneasy one when she said her name, but she decided to just ignore it.

"She told me she was still waiting, so...I thought I could give it a try. Well, I pushed many people away while I was in university and Chaewon was there for me since the very start, so I don't see why not."

"Well, can't blame those people for crushing on you I guess," Yujin murmured while Minju got even more confused at why Yujin is acting like this.

Yujin has to accept the fact that Minju has already moved on from her and she can't ruin their relationship as much as she wants Minju back. 

"But we're not dating yet or anything...I told her to give me some time after you know, yeah and she understood."

Minju had no idea why she told her that, something compelled her to. Yujin sighed and just raised both her eyebrows, but frowned as soon as she realizes she still has like a slight chance? After all, they're not dating...