Chapter 3

Minju's POV

Honestly, whenever I meet the rest, I can't help but think of her. It's just, she was such a big part of my high school life and it was also because of her that I'm able to meet everyone here.

I sighed heftily while getting my keys on the counter before putting on my shoes. Yena told us to meet at her house since she wants to tell us something. I don't know what she's going to talk about, couldn't really care less.

I head out the door and closed it before taking the lift down to the carpark. Once I got there, I unlocked the car and got in. I have to go pick Chaewon up since she doesn't have a car.

Well, we became a lot closer after that happened. She was the one who took care of me along with Hyewon eonnie when everything went downhill for me. You could say I got well taken care of.

Also...she told me she was still waiting for me ever since. Yup, but I didn't really agree or anything, I told her I was still moving on even if it has been five years. But Chaewon is a really nice person and is willing to give me more time. I don't see anything wrong with being with her. My heart is trying to give it a try, but something is just holding me back. I'm trying my best to move on from someone who left me without a clear reason.

So...we're like dating but not dating, somewhere in between if you understand.

When I reached Chaewon's apartment, I called her and she said she was coming down. After a few minutes, she gently knocked on the car window and I swiftly unlocked the door. She got in while catching her breath.

"Did you wait for long?" She asked while still panting a little. I chuckled and started the engine.

"Nope, literally just called you."

She giggled and we made our way to Yena's house.

Chaewon's POV

As we made our way to Yena's house, I couldn't help but glance at Minju while she's focusing on the road. I'm happy that she's getting better after what happened. Well, I myself don't know why Yujin did that to her. I gave in to her but she dared to do that to Minju. If you ask me, I'll never forgive her for what she did. I have helped her so many times, mended their relationship even though it hurt me, and this is what she did in the end.

You have no idea how much I hate her for hurting Minju just when she was the person Minju loved and relied on the most, and I had to sit there to watch everything unravel right in front of my own eyes. She even left her for Wonyoung from what I saw when she left for Boston, along with the news of their marriage. You have got to be kidding me.

If I could, I'd give her a tight slap for leaving Minju like this. That is no way to do things. I still hold a grudge against her, but I'm trying to let it go now since Minju's finally giving me a chance. I have to cherish what I have now rather than stay angry at the person who broke Minju's heart.

She caught me staring and smiled. She turned her head towards me and I immediately turned my head away as I felt a blush appearing on my face. She still gets me feeling like this after so long. We then slowly made our way to Yena's house.

Once we reached, we both got down and walked through the gate. I have to say, ever since Yena started her own company, this duck is living her best life.

We walked to the doorstep and rang the doorbell. The door opened and we were greeted by Yuri.

"Aye Minju, Chaewon!" she said and opened the door wide for us to enter.

Minju put her arm around Yuri's shoulder while scolding her for asking her to come here on her off day. I laughed and closed the door behind me. Looks like we were the last ones to reach. I made my way to the gigantic living room and sat beside Minju on the couch. Just then, Yena came in with a tray full of juices.