Chapter 7

Third Person's POV

When Yujin and Wonyoung came back, everyone started eating deliciously, appreciating what they have in front of them. They had a wonderful time just catching up, telling each other memorable stories on what happened while Yujin and Wonyoung were in Boston.

Yujin glanced at Minju and saw how she was struggling to open a can of sprite. Without a hint of hesitation, she swiftly took it from her, opening it before passing it back to her, flashing a wide smile. Minju got flustered at the sudden gesture but decided to just ignore it since it might just be an act of friendliness.

"Wah, I didn't know Yena could start her own company," Yujin clasped her hand together and said in an amusing way which made the duck glare at her.

"Excuse me, I did it because my wife is a very good singer and songwriter," she said, pouting slightly and side-hugged Yuri who blushed furiously.

"Yah, yah, she's your fiancé." Hyewon reminded and the duck giggled with love written in her gleaming eyes as she stared at Yuri.

"I guess I'm already getting used to calling her my wife," Yena said and earned a small slap on the shoulder from the shy hamster.

"How did you ask her though?" Wonyoung asked and the duck cleared her throat and prepared to tell them the story.

Flashback to Christmas last year...

"Hyewon you take this, Eunbi eonnie take this, Chaewonie take this, Minju take this and I'll take this," Yena said while handing each of the large pieces of paper to them which they are going to use to propose to Yuri.

"Make sure to raise it up when the camera zone comes. Also pose please, I'm going to hang it up." she gestured how to raise it while earning nods from the four of them.

The friends winked at Yena before they went to queue up for the roller coaster ride. Yuri had no idea what they were planning, not even the slightest clue as they hid the papers under their coats in this wintry season.

"Babe, you sure you aren't going to be scared?" Yuri asked Yena who was honestly nervous but she shook her head.

"I've gotten braver babe," Yena confidently said while looking all smug, but in reality, she's terrified at what's about to happen. Nervous about both the proposal and the ride itself. She's literally shaking while trying her best to compose herself. She's relieved Yuri didn't notice though. Well, after this very night, she will no longer be someone's girlfriend anymore.

"If you say so," Yuri said and they hopped onto the ride.

Yenyul sat on the second row while the other four sat on the third and fourth row. Yena looked back and they all did a fighting sign. The ride soon accelerated and blasted off. They were met with huge gushes of wind, blowing straight onto their faces, loud screams resonating throughout the air. Yena had to admit there were instances of her opening her mouth which caused her saliva to escape, she feels sorry for whoever is sitting behind her. 

Once they reached the camera zone, the five of them raised the paper while Yuri shut her eyes close. They cheekily posed, each of them having their own unique poses, actually mostly peace signs because yeah, and laughed before enjoying the rest of the ride.

When the ride came to an end, they quickly hid the paper back into their jackets before getting off. They got all excited and headed to the photo viewing zone. Yena got her blue ring box ready, out of her pocket while they viewed the photos. Throughout the whole ride and before it, she was actually rehearsing her lines in her head over, and over again. She really doesn't want to mess this up, ever. Yuri saw the picture on the screen and squinted.