Chapter. 44

Dom's POV

It's been exactly 17 minutes and 23 seconds since my mate left me. Walked right out the front door. Tears ever so threatening in her eyes.

"Dom. Did you hear me? I asked you what can I do to help." Max says shaking me out of the daze. It's not a daze though she walked right out those doors and left you. My conscience weeps.

"Just make sure she's safe. She'll be furious if I follow her."

She might never come back. It's my fault, I didn't give her enough space.

Anger prickles at my scalp and my fists ball up.

"How do I know where she went?" He grabs his jacket from the coat rack.

"The car. I put a tracker on the bottom of the car. It's um connected to my phone. I will send you directions. Just please promise you'll call me if anything is wrong?"

"I got it Dom. Everything will be alright. I promise I won't leave until I know she's safe." He pats my shoulder and heads out the door.

I should be the one making sure she's safe. I doubt she even wants to see my face.

"You okay Dom?" Danny asks.

I turn around and she standing in front of me.

I pull the hair out of my face and nod. When in all honesty I'm scared, pissed, and sad all at the same time.

I didn't mean to push her. I just want her to eat properly.

"Can I get you something?"

I refrain from yelling and politely decline.

"I'll be in my office." I drag off into my office where I immediately send Max Stef's location. Shes at a house in the city.

Who the hell does she know in the city?!

Frustrated; I slam my phone on my desk.

"God dammit!"

The thought of her never coming back to me hurts. Rage and sadness stir in my chest.

"Don't be a bitch Dom. She said she wasn't leaving you." I say To myself.

I can only think the worse though. One day it'll get so bad and she'll leave and never come back.

I can't let that happen. I will do whatever it takes.

I sit behind the desk, grab my phone, and facetime Max. He answers on the first ring.

"Im pretty sure the directions you gave me are to an apartment just down the rode from the high school. Maybe she's with friends."

He sits the phone up on the dashboard.

"Yeah maybe." I say silently praying he's right.

I set my phone up and wait in silence for max to arrive at Stef's destination.

{~}

Max's POV

"Do you want me to go in?" I ask Dom sitting in my car across the street from the apartment Stef's in.

"No. She'll just be angry that I sent you to spy on her."

I listen in silence as he quietly cures to himself.

"I don't know max. I don't know what to do now. I fucked up." He says standing up in front of the camera. I can tell he's in his office just looking at the bookshelf behind him.

"You didn't fuck up Dom. She just had a bad day. She just needs to clear her head."

"She could have done that here, with me, if I hadn't forced her so much." He says beginning to pace.