Chapter 26

Note: I edited the description for this book a little while ago so check that out for minimal confusion!

Songs for this chapter

~ The hole 1975 album

And

Bad suns ~ cardiac arrest

~~~

Dom's POV

"Your not blaming yourself for this Stef, there should have been guards at every door, like I ordered!"

"But Dom listen, I told the guys to take a break. It wasn't there fault." She pleads.

"I shouldn't have left you here." I tug my hair out of my face.

I don't care if she told them to take a break or not. They were given direct orders from their alpha and they failed me.

I guess if I wouldn't have left in the first place this shit wouldn't have happened.

I sit down on the end of our bed.

She limps over to me in her walking cast.

"Listen, you can't blame yourself and you can't blame the pack. The only one at fault here is me..."

Instantly I start to cut her off.

"Shh..." She puts a finger over my lips to silence me.

I stay quiet as she continues.

"I just missed you so much Dom." She says wrapping her arms around my neck.

Her touch alone takes away some of the stress, not all but some.

"I missed you too Stef." Wrapping my arms around her waist I pull her as close to me as possible.

She pulls back to touch my face but I stop her when I see the dark bruises that mark her tan skin.

"It's ok Dom. I'm ok."

She might be saying that now but I can only imagine how much pain 'he' caused her to do this much damage. The more I analyze every bruise, and every scratch on my mates body the guiltier I feel.

"I'm so sorry Stef." I then kiss every single bruise on her arm.

A warm smile forms on her face.

"What are you doing Dom?"

"Apologizing." I breath.

She stays quiet while I pull up her tank top to kiss the small bruise on her hip.

"Come on." She says yanking me off of the bed.

She pulls me into the bathroom and peals off her tank top then my shirt.

"You know you can't shower in that thing right?" I question pointing to the thick black cast on her leg.

"We're not taking a shower. Can you get the bubble bath?" She smiles up at me.

Underneath the sink I pull the bubble bath from the cabinet.

She turns the knob labeled H for hot water and I pour in some of the bubble bath.

"Pants off." She instructs.

I laugh at her cuteness as I take my jeans off.

Looking at my reflection in the mirror I notice my hair has gotten longer.

"I need a hair cut."

I push my boxers down then step into the hot water. My long legs leaving minimal room for Stef.