Chapter 29 - Is It Really Love?

Mia's POV

"And why is it that I am not informed of this?" my friend Sandra said, her hands both on the sides of her waist.

"Well, it's so sudden. Things went by fast that I didn't even realize that we've come this far." I replied, trying to explain. "I really am about to tell you this, I'm just finding the right timing to do that."

"And when do you plan to tell me this? Will it only be by the time you two finally decided to get married?" She asked on a low tone, pouting.

I heaved a puff. This is why I don't want the news about this to travel faster than my timing to tell it to Sandra. "I'm supposed to tell you about it once school starts. I just wanted to make sure that this isn't some summer fling only."

"Wait, are you telling me that he isn't serious towards you?!" She replied, her eyes widened.

"Oh no, he's definitely serious about us." I said, waving my hands at her as I dismiss that thought. "It's just that, I want things to be official first before I claim that we're together. You know, some feeling of mutuality."

"Fine. Forgiven. Now tell me all the juiciest details!" she said excitedly. Wow, that was fast. Her mood went to a complete 180 degrees or is it a 360? "Wait, did you express your feelings towards him already?"

"Wait, what? I don't get it. I think I have clearly expressed how much I like him." I replied, furrowing my eyebrows, trying to comprehend what she meant by that.

"No, no. I mean, did you finally dropped the L word? Or did he?" she cleared.

Oh, that.

"Well..." I trailed.

"So you didn't..." she pressed on.

"Yep."

"Wait what? Is that a 'yep we did it' or 'yep we haven't yet'? Which is which?"

"The latter." I answered.

"Oh. So what's stopping the two of you... if what you're saying about you two being mutual and all is true."

Moot point. What's stopping us?

"Uhh, perfect timing I guess? I mean it has just been almost a month. We want to take things slow." I explained.

"Don't you think that it has been too long? I mean, you two know each other since you were kids."

"Well we were just friends back then, nothing more." I commented. "Plus, I haven't told him why I ended up liking him... or more on when did I start liking him. I don't want to shock him or something."

"Does him knowing about that really matter? Sometimes love occurs in a spur of a moment. I mean, that sudden tingles that rushes into both of you... like sparks."

"Well to me it matters. I don't know Sandra, I feel like he has to know everything before I completely embrace this blossoming love that we are having."

"Fine." she sighed. "Just go tell him about it as soon as you can. Take time, but not for too long. Sometimes, just dropping that L word is what the two of you need to confirm everything." she said.

"I will. I'll remember that Sandra. Thank you." I responded as I gave her a hug.

***

Dismissal time.

I think I have to explain to him the reason why I like him. Call me weird for having the need to explain that, but for me it's important.

And I also wanted to know when did he really start to like me.