Chapter 21 - Well Spent (Part 1)

Mia's POV

The doorbell finally rang. I'm 100% sure that it's Patrick, after all, he texted me just a minute ago that within a few seconds he'll be knocking at our door already. 

Funny. He still felt the need to text me that. 

Okay, honestly, I'm quite excited. 

I mean, COME ON! Spending Valentine's Day with him is like my dream come true for eight freakin' years. 

I know, I know. This is just his way to make amends but still!! Let me savor this moment! 

Though as much as possible I won't act like his giddy fangirl from before. I'm over him. 

Seriously...?

Shush conscience! This is my monologue! 

Fine, this date or amends thing whatever gives me mixed emotions. I'm happy yet I'm quite unsure if I'm doing the right thing. 

Geez. Why am I thinking things through a lot! I'll just enjoy this day! HAH!

I slightly opened the door as I take a peek for a second before opening the door wide enough for me to see him. 

Yessss. It's Patrick. 

To my surprise he even has a bouquet of flowers on hand. It's not just the usual red or white roses. They were rainbow-colored roses. Well, at least his flowers gets to have all the colors of the rainbow I mean. 

"Good morning Mia! Flowers for you." he said with a grin. 

"Wow. Rainbow flowers..." I said in awe as I get a hold of the bouquet of rainbow colored flowers. "Thank you..." I breathed, my expression still in a mix of awe and amazement. 

He gave out a light chuckle. "Remember when we're kids? You used to visit our backyard because we have white roses back then. Suddenly, you told me that if you were to plant some roses in your own backyard you will plant rainbow colored roses." he said, as he looks away in a reminiscing stance. "Well, since it's quite impossible to have rainbow roses, that's the least that I could do..." 

I looked at him in awe.”Wow. You still remember that?" I said, not actually expecting for an answer but it came out as a question. "How did you do this? It doesn't seem like you painted it?" I asked, wondering how these flowers seemed natural and all despite of having the unusual colors of a rose. 

"It's a secret." he said as he winked playfully. "I'm glad that you like it."

"Like it? That's an understatement! I love it!!! These are wonderful! Thank you!" I replied with a bright smile on my face. "Come inside! Make yourself feel comfortable. I'll just put these flowers in a vase." 

Yep. I'll go with the flow and enjoy this day. I'll leave all my worries for now. 

With that, he entered the house and sat at the couch in the living room as I place the flowers in a vase. 

"Ahhh~ it's been a long time since I've been here." Patrick stated as he sat down on the couch while surveying the area. "Remember when we were kids? We used to make fortresses in here and act like we were in our own palace and we're acting all royalty..." he said, slightly nodding in amusement. 

I just looked at him intently looking at his facial features. How will I forget that smile that melted all my coherent thoughts ever since. Not to mention his voice that sounds like an angel to my ears. His eyes that looks so sincere whenever he says something. I will never forget his features, his lean body, his tall frame, everything.