Happy Bear

Natalya sits up on the couch and watches Y/N playing with his cards while sitting in the armchair. He seems bored.

"Are you not going to work?"

"My top priority is to be your caretaker. Being a teacher was just a side job."

"But you would get fired for not coming to work."

"I quit and you do not need to come back to that school again. I also call the authorities and the girls, who assaulted you are now suspended."

Natalya looks back to the screen as he mentioned them and not coming back to her school again. Y/N notices her look and swipes three cards at her.

"Pick one." He tells her and Natalya takes the one with the red heart. Y/N takes the two remaining cards back and Natalya raises a brow. She is confused about how he can control the cards.

"My Arts is kinda special." He takes the cards between his fingers and makes them disappear.

"What kind of special?"

"I can store energy in objects in simple words. I choose cards because they are cheap and I was an amateur magician."

"Really? A doctor like you?" Natalya is surprised by his former job. Amateur magician? That is something she can not imagine him being, he is the Wandering Doctor.

A man who suddenly appeared by accidentally making his debut as the one saving the infamous Abyssal Hunter, or that is the rumor going around.

"My parents dislike it and made me become a doctor. I am glad they did it... I met many lovely people during my travels."

Natalya watches him closely and fell deep into his eyes. His words were not that inspiring, but they felt strongly for her. She snaps out as his phone suddenly starts ringing.

"In a week you should be fine. Can you go upstairs by yourself?"

"Yes," Natalya answers confidently and walks upstairs by herself. Y/N waved her goodnight and answer the ringing phone.

"Hello, this is Y/N." He waited for a response as the line is quiet. He almost hung up, but the voice shocks his body.

"He did what...? Tell the bastard I am not able to come there for at least six months. I took a job. Yes, I am getting paid sweetly... Tell him he can eat your fist." He hangs up and looks outside to think about what he just heard from the caller.

"Unbelievable... Got an arrow into his ass... I thought he is a Defender... Well, now she went to bed, I can prepare for her birthday in five days. I hope she likes chocolate cake."

Natalya's ears pick the last part up and remember her nineteen birthday is soon. She normally does not celebrate birthdays, as her parents are never home. But maybe, she will do this one.

---

She entered the dining hall and finds a card on the table for breakfast. She reads the card and looks over to the opposite side of the room. The door has a real ribbon hanging at the knob. Natalya reaches and pulls the ribbon. The ribbon falls and shows another card.

"Living room?"

She walks over to the living room and sees the curtains are over. It is completely dark in the room. Trying to flick the lights on without any luck, she sighs and steps inside.

"Congratulations on your nineteen birthday!"

Small lights explode and curtains open up. The lights shine through the window and Natalya is met with a cake and Y/N, but he has a young girl beside him. Natalya does not recognize her.

"Who is she?"

"Just someone who tried to crash here after getting herself drunk, right Sonya?" Y/N rubs her ears while Sonya's eye twitches.

"Blyat! Do not touch my ears!" She pushes his arm away and Natalya raises a brow at the information of Sonya. It sounds like she broke into the mansion in the middle of the night.

"She is a sweet girl, but aggressive too." Y/N puts the cake down and makes some pieces.

"So you do not need to call the cops on her. Sonya made a contract with me to stay here and be your friend. I even got a hold on her school to make you go with her!" He added and gives the cake pieces to them.

"Now quickly eat, because you have a big day!"

Natalya takes a bite of the cake while watching Sonya yelling at Y/N. The brown Ursus slams her piece into his face and leaves the dining room.

"Mmm, chocolate." Natalya giggles.

---

Y/N counts his cards and looks over to Natalya and Sonya. Both girls are playing against each other in chess.

The smile on Natalya as she knocks Sonya's king made him proud. A genuine smile on Natalya Andreyevna Rostova was not heard until six months ago.

"Another adventure awaits." He swings the bag into his shoulder and walks outside, to the garden. "See you in the near future, Natalya." He gives her a side hug. The Ursus giggles, as Sonya glared at him.

"Sorry for disturbing your love life, White General." Sonya flips the middle finger at him.

"Behave, Sonya." The brown Ursus has become more passive-aggressive since Y/N has shown affection to her. She slaps the arm away with a pink hue on her cheeks.

"There is a possibility I will appear without any warning." He gifts Sonya a bottle.

"You can come. The Rostova will always have its arms opened for you, Y/N." Natalya tells him and the doctor gives her a box.

"Exported it from Victoria, I will go broken soonest or later." Natalya opens it and finds a gold chain necklace. She looks up to Y/N, but he is already gone.

She looks over to Sonya and sees the Ursus is already drinking the bottle empty.