eleven

⌜ chapter eleven ⌟

Kaz rolls out the blueprints that Inej copied, and Jesper looks over Arya's shoulder as she tries to look at the markings. The brunette nudges him, so he pushes her and she stumbles into Kaz's side, making him look down at her. She, however, does turn her attention to him. Instead, she stomps on Jesper's foot, and he hisses in pain as he looks down at her.

"You're an evil little girl."

"I may be small, but I can still kick your ass."

"Can you two fight later?" Inej questions as she looks at them.

She and Jesper then point out different possible routes into the palace, but one keeps telling the other why it won't work. Kaz looks from the blueprints back to Arya, who isn't saying anything as she studies the paper. She lightly bites at her lower lip as her eyes narrow slightly, and she sighs when she doesn't see a way that won't get them attacked before they get inside.

"There's no way in." Inej says.

"Which means no way out." Arya adds.

"Well, I thought this plan might not work." Arken says, and the brunette grinds her teeth.

There's a thud behind them, followed by a few screams. Inej and Jesper both turn to see what the commotion was, but Kaz keeps his eyes on Arya as he watches Arken. He looks up at her, a smug expression on his face, and it makes the brunette snap.

Her hand suddenly darts out to grab a fork, but before she can lift it off the bar top, Kaz stops her by placing his cane over it. The brunette stares at the crow head that's resting on the back of her hand as she takes a deep breath.

"Are you sure you're not his pet?"

Arya smiles, a sinister look on her face as she looks at the older man. "Have you ever seen what happens to an animal when it goes rabid?" The brunette asks.

"I know it can turn on it's owner." Arken says, and she nods.

"Too bad I'm not an animal. Just someone you really shouldn't piss off." She tells him. "You're irritating me. Keep it up, and next time the cane will my become weapon. Do you wanna know where I'll shove it."

"Come outside with me." Kaz says as he starts to move away from Arya, but he stops when he sees that she has no intention of removing her glare from Arken. He leans down then, his lips now close to her ear. "I want to talk to you outside; away from the others."