Chapter 12.

Fundy P.O.V.

I woke up, softly wrapped in the green coat. Dew sparkled on top of it, magnifying everything around me.

The morning was dim, with the sun hidden behind the trees and the sky turning milky with sun touching the clouds.

I love mornings.

I sat up, soundlessly and stretched. Than, wrapping my hands over my knees I leaned against a tree, watching the sky.

Dream stirred next to me, his masked face close to my tail. His breathing was deep and repeating, with his chest slowly rising and falling.

His scent flew around me, smelling as some kind of metal and fire, yet sweetened with pine sap and flowers. It reminded me of my dreams of the blond green eyed man, always sleeping next to me.

I glanced down at him, listening closely to his breathing. Than I slowly reached my hand to his mask, softly grabbing the ivory wood between my fingers.

Only a peak...

Dream suddenly grabbed my hand, making me jump. He looked up, his mask still firmly covering any facial features.

"Never do that again."

He let go of my hand, his threatening whisper still ringing around the clearing. With his neck cracking, he stretched his limbs and sat up, looking back at me.

"It's dangerous to touch me when I sleep." He said, while looking back at me. I swiftly nodded, looking freaked out.

----------

When we reached the top of the mountain, Dream looked back at me.

"We will be down at dawn. The wind will calm down, once we'll get to the trees right there." He shouted, trying to be louder than the wind.

It tugged at my ears and pulled my cloak off my shoulders.

We were travelling for two months now. Dream had taught me a lot of new things, how to fend for myself, hunt better, listen to certain things and how the smell works.

We grew a lot closer, too. He made me an axe, made out of iron, plus some other tools, as shovel and pickaxe. He showed me how to mine and fight.

He slowly stepped over a crack in the ground, jumping down from a ledge he waited for me, covered from the tugging winds.

"Maybe we could find some animals around here. Can you smell anything?"

Yes. He often asked me this. "Can you see anything? Heard something? Tell me, what can you smell." etc. He said, that he is training me in this way.

I parted my mouth, breathing in.

I hoped to find some animal scent in the wind. We hadn't eaten since halfway into the mountain, which was two days behind us.

"Rain." I announced looking to the direction the wind was coming from, saddened by the even turn out. "It will be here late afternoon." I told him, when I turned to face him.

Dream looked up at the sky, where darkness crept from one direction.

"Well..." He said, resting his legs a little. "We can either try getting down and disintegrating wet, or stay here for the time being. We could get some food down there."

I turned my head towards the tree line, gazing at the forest. "The animals will be hiding from the rain. And I can't see any shrubs." I said, looking back at Dream.

"I think we could try it. If we'll stay here for long, the rain might trap us on the top. We would risk getting wet for the entire walk down."

I nodded at him, glancing up at the sky. The storm clouds were creeping closer, semi hiding the late morning sun.

Dream unbuckled Nightmare, his axe, and leaned against it for support on the slippery rocks. I swiftly followed, looking beneath my feet and carefully choosing path for my bare paws.

Dream decided, that I need my paws to be out, so with a little work, he wrapped my feet in blackened leather for protection of my heel and soft parts of my foot, but left my toe pads and claws. With them, I ran way faster than with normal shoes.

We walked over the rocks, finding some coal in the meantime. I took it, putting it in my pocket for later use and glanced up at Dream.

"Why do you have the mask, if I might ask.."

Dream turned his head to look at me, with the mask giving him a menacing aura around him.

"Why do you want to know?"

I shrugged , looking in front of me. "Just interested. The more you insist on having it, the more I want to know why." I said and walked closer to him.

"I don't want you, to take it off. I just want to know why are you wearing it. Do you have scars or something?"

I glanced at him, my head ever so slightly tilted. He walked a little slower, making me slow down too.

"I don't know... I think... I don't really want to show my face to others, you know. I did some horrible things, and am still doing even worst, so I don't want other to know me that well."

He said, while looking ahead. He swung his axe lightly in a thoughtful gesture, looking up at me. "You would want to see me without it, wouldn't you." He asked, with smile in his voice.

I chuckled, with eyes winding slightly. "Well, yeah. It also has to be uncomfortable to sleep in it every night." I said, a bit sarcastic.

Dream laughed lightly, looking ahead.

"I will let you see my face, some day. But not today." He said, jumping from a ledge.

"Huh... Too bad. Even tho you are the first human being who talk to me in a while. Now, that we are stuck together, I could at least know what is your hear color. You're hiding even that little bit." I smiled at him, feeling cheeky.

Dream chuckled again, shaking his head. Than he looked at me, resting his gaze on me, while I watched the ground again.

"You know what?" He said, making me stop and look at him. Than he took of his hood.

With amazed look I watched as he shook his hair and ran his fingers through them.

With a little chuckle he came closer to me and ruffled my head. "Happy for a while?" He asked me.

I stared at him, dumbfounded. His very pretty dirty blond hair reminded me of the dream man, who always slept next to me in the room!!

I ran towards him, catching him in a moment. "Very weird question, Dream. Do you, by any chance, have green eyes and a little freckle right here?" I asked, touching underneath my eye, when I talked about the freckle.

Dream stood shocked before me. I imagined him being wide eyed. "I.... Do you... know me from somewhere, or..." He asked, turning his head a little.

"NO! No.. I uhhhh... I... have these... weird dreams. About you... I just... keep seeing you, laying next to me in a room. You always tell me to go back to sleep." I stammered out, trying to remember the dreams.

I've had more and more dreams every  night since I've met Dream. They are always in the room. Sometimes, I can hear heavy wind and snow. Sometimes my whole body hurts, as if I was falling over and over again, or if something was hitting me through out the day. But he is there always.

"What are you talking about? What room?" He asked me, throwing hands in confusion.

I looked at him. "I am as confused from them as you are. I..." I said, while looking up at him, noticing the sky. "We should probably get going." I said, watching the huge black cloud right behind Dreams head.

He turned around, than back and nodded. "You are still going to tell me more about that." He threatened, while walking next to me.

I sighed and followed, as first drops fell to the ground.