Chapter 23: The Last Debate... The Mouth and the Last Battle...

*I decided to finish this book before the Thor one. I am still working on it though. Remember the following: Elvish is Underlined, Speaking to Mind is Bold, Black Speech is Bold and Italic. Also do not hate me for this chapter.... *

Gathered in the Great Hall of Minas Tirith; Aragorn, Legolas, Asteria, Gimli and Eomer were in different areas listening to Gandalf speak "Frodo has passed beyond my sight" he says walking across the hall "The darkness is deepening..." Asteria looks down deep in thought as she continued to listen "If Sauron had the Ring we would know it.." Aragorn chimed in as Gandalf looked at him "It's only a matter of time. He has suffered a defeat, yes, but behind the walls of Mordor our enemy is regrouping." Gandalf said.

"Let him stay there! Let him rot! Why should we care?" Gimli says as he took a puff from his pipe, Asteria turned to him finally speaking "Because 10,000 Orcs now stand between Frodo and Mount Doom" She said standing up placing a hand under her ch...

"Let him stay there! Let him rot! Why should we care?" Gimli says as he took a puff from his pipe, Asteria turned to him finally speaking "Because 10,000 Orcs now stand between Frodo and Mount Doom" She said standing up placing a hand under her chin in deep thought "We've sent him to his death..." Aragorn and Gandalf turn to her as Aragorn approached her "No. There is still hope for Frodo. He needs time and safe passage across the plains of Gorgoroth. We can give him that." Aragorn said as she looked at him with a smile knowing what he had planned "How?" Gimli asked.

"He means to draw out Sauron's armies. Empty his lands." She said to Gimli as Aragorn finished "Then we gather our full strength and march on the Black Gate" Gimli who was smoking his pipe still started to choke on it. Eomer who has been quiet spoke up "We cannot achieve victory through the strength of arms" his voice laced with concern as Asteria turned to him "Not for ourselves.. But for Frodo.." she said softly as Aragorn stepped forward "We can give Frodo his chance if we keep Sauron's eye fixed upon us. Keep him blind to all else that moves."

"A diversion

"A diversion.." Legolas spoke with a small smile as Gimli looked at him before speaking "Certainty of death, small chance of success, what are we waiting for?" Gandalf sighs a bit "Sauron will suspect a trap... He will not take the bait.." Gandalf said as Aragorn turned to him with a confident smile "Oh I think he will." Gandalf nodded as he walked away to prepare with Eomer in tow. Aragorn turned to Asteria "I will need your help with something my friend.." He said to her placing a hand on her shoulder as she gave him a nod.