Chapter 5: The Start of a Long Road.... Caradhras...

*underlined is Elvish, speaking to minds is bold*

Asteria greeted the morning sun like usual as she readied herself for the journey; Arwen brought her some clothes for the journey tailored to her

Asteria greeted the morning sun like usual as she readied herself for the journey; Arwen brought her some clothes for the journey tailored to her. As she adjusted her sword to her side a small knock could be heard on the door. "Come in" she called out softly as she then adjusted her dagger to her other side; she heard the door open and turned to see Gandalf standing in the doorway "Good morning my dear" he spoke plainly not bothering with Elvish so early in the morning which made her smile. "Good morning Gandalf. Am I late?"

He laughed heartedly as he shook his head; taking a step closer into her chambers "No my dear. I am actually here to escort you. The others are waiting but Lord Elrond wishes to speak with you personally beforehand." He said giving her a smile. Asteria nodded as she grabbed her bow and quiver following Gandalf. Elrond was in his library reading as he heard footsteps come in "You asked for me my lord?" Asteria asked in plain language as Gandalf was with her.

Elrond nodded slightly as he stood up "I have heard from the Lady Galadriel. She wishes you best tidings on this journey and to never doubt your heart." Her eyes widened as she nodded slightly and slightly bowed "Thank you my lord. Please let my family know I will have them in my thoughts." Elrond could help but smile as he walked towards her pulling her into a hug "Please be safe. You are like another daughter to me." She couldn't help but smile as she hugged him back nodding "I will my lord." And with a small smile she leaves following Gandalf to where the rest of the Fellowship was waiting.

As they descended the stairs the four hobbits came running up to her, happily hugging her seeing how they only reached her waist; she was all too happy to accept it as they all fell on the steps laughing "Well good morning to you my little ones!" She said laughing as the rest of the Fellowship watched; smiling themselves especially Legolas and Aragorn. Merry was first to speak "Can you teach us how to fight with a sword my lady?" he was very blunt as she placed a hand on his cheek smiling "On the journey if we have time dear one." Legolas made his way towards her; putting a hand out to help her up "Now hobbits, I think the lady would need to stand." The hobbits realized that even if she was a companion on the journey she was still Lady of Lorien like her mother. They all got off of her smiling as Legolas helped her up "Thank you my lord." A tint of pink dusted her cheeks as she felt the warmth from his hand.

Lord Elrond made his way down the stairs as the Fellowship gathered together waiting; Asteria could see Arwen at the top of the stairs, she could see a sense of great pain on her face while she watched Aragorn. "Do not fear Arwen." Arwen's eyes widened as she looked to Asteria who was giving her a knowing smile" I will do what I must to protect Estel.." Asteria told her giving her a kind smile as Arwen nodded slightly in thanks.