Chapter: 17 Familiar Faces... A Night of Fun...

*I had to redo this chapter! I didn't realize i was missing some parts. I write my stories in Word and copy and paste them to here.*

As they traveled to Isengard; Asteria's heart was troubled. Saruman was a mentor to her when she was a young elfling and for him to betray them; broke her heart. She rode on Ithilidin close to Legolas who kept a watchful eye on her as well as Aragorn keeping an eye on his dear friend. As they drew closer they could see Merry and Pippin sitting on a smashed wall smoking; they were a sight for Asteria for she missed her dear hobbits. Merry noticing them first as he smiled "Welcome! My lords and lady, to Isengard!" Asteria laughed a bit smiling at Merry.

Gimli irritated "You young rascals! A merry hunt you've led us on, and now we find you, feasting and smoking

Gimli irritated "You young rascals! A merry hunt you've led us on, and now we find you, feasting and smoking." Pippin who had a mouthful of food in "We are sitting on a field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts. The salted pork is particularly good." Suddenly interested Gimli questioned "Salted pork?" Gandalf sighed and shook his head "Hobbits..." Asteria giving a bit of a chuckle as she rode closer to them "I have missed you my dear ones. It warms my heart you are safe" she said smiling at them.

"And we missed you" Merry said sliding off the wall onto the front of her on Ithilidin as he continued "We're under orders, from Treebeard, who's taken over management of Isengard." She looked at him and smiled "Treebeard is here?" she remembered the tree when they first went through Fangorn. He took a liking to her and her to him. Pippin hops onto Aragorn's horse as Gandalf leaves the company through the flotsam and jetsam which floats upon the muddied waters surrounding the tower itself. Treebeard, strides towards them, alarming all but Asteria and Gandalf. "Young Master Gandalf. I'm glad you've come. Wood and water, stock and stone, I can master, but there's a Wizard to be managed here... locked in his tower." He said to them as Gandalf and Asteria looked up to the castle "Even in defeat, Saruman is dangerous" She said softly as Gandalf nodded "Under your guard, Treebeard" Gimli on the other hand chimed in "Let's just have his head and be done with it" Asteria sighs looked at Gimli giving him a stern look "No, we need him alive. We need him to talk.." she said as she looked back up the tower.

They could see a figure moving in the tower and Asteria saw it was Saruman "You have fought many wars and slain many men Théoden King and made peace afterwards

They could see a figure moving in the tower and Asteria saw it was Saruman "You have fought many wars and slain many men Théoden King and made peace afterwards. Can we not take counsel together as we once did, my old friend? Can we not have peace you and I?" his comment directed to Théoden as he sneered. "We shall have peace. We shall have peace when you answer for the burning of the Westfold and the children that lie dead there! We shall have peace when the lives of the soldiers whose bodies were hewn even as they lay dead against the gates of the Hornburg are avenged! When you hang from a gibbet for the sport of your own crows we shall have peace!" he own anger flowing as Asteria moved her horse toward Théoden placing on hand on his shoulder "Calm Théoden.." her words soft and meaningful as he looked at her and nodded.