Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Falling Leaves

Inside a large room with a white wall, dark ceiling, and dark floor, an unconscious grown man is resting on a bed with a patient monitor beside him; its audible sound can be heard.

A basket full of varieties of fresh fruits is placed on top of a bedside table, the basket is covered in a red plastic wrinkled cover.

Besides the unconscious grown man, a grown woman can be seen, her chin is resting on her hands, and her eyes are looking attentively at the face of the grown man who's resting senseless on the bed.

She speaks with a lower tone. “Y/N... I-I'm proud of you that you can withstand Rose like that. Yuna has told me how remarkable you are that you've never given up protecting them.”

Her eyes move up at his dark messy hair, her hand rises and moves towards Y/N's hair; she touches a strand of his hair and rubs it in-between her index and thumb fingers. And so she proceeds to stroke his dark messy hair; attempting to straighten it.

“Thank you for everything,” Lia speaks, “and I am truly grateful because you're the first man who made me feel that I can be a person who can protect her or his comrades."

“You know... I'm just a weak, nerdy girl but everything has changed since I decided to study here," she says once again, “I was invited by Ryujin and Yeji to attend their meeting and I did attend that meeting, wherein it changed me to a whole lot level of myself.”

After she speaks, her eyes linger on his calm face. Lia rolls her eyes and says, “No need to cover your presence from me. I already felt your presence, Chaeryeong.”

“How long?" Chaeryeong steps out behind a wall, a wide smile remains on her lip as she stares at Lia and Y/N, “and you love to tell stories to him, aye? This is the first time I have seen you like this.”

Lia inhales deeply and she turns around at Chaeryeong. “No need to tease me, I only care about Y/N because he's my prey.”

Chaeryeong laughs amusedly. “Is it like a predator hunting its prey? Or a woman who likes to dominate his partner in bed?”

A tint of red appears on Lia's cheek, her eyes widen and she looks aside, hence she yelled at Chaeryeong. “I-It isn't like that! OF COURSE, ITS A PREDATOR HUNTING ITS PREY!”

“Damn it!” Lia clicked her tongue.

“By the way, how are our allies? Are they out of the hospital yet?” Lia looked at Chaeryeong with a calm look on her face.

Chaeryeong moves her face in every direction, she moves her face towards Lia. “Do you see them with me? Have you forgotten that we always visit one another each time we're free?

“That's a strict rule that we require to follow, except if you have an important matter to attend to.

“But you will need to have strong evidence that'll prove that the ‘important matter’ that you have attended is a lot more important than following our rules.”

“I felt like I should have asked you all of our rules,” Lia spoke, making Chaeryeong pout.

“By the way,” Chaeryeong's look changes to a very calm one, “I think you will need to know about the outcome of what you did.”

“I know,” Lia speaks with a hint of calmness, then she turns her eyes to Y/N, “Right from the very beginning of what will unfold between me and Rose, I know...

“At first I hated coming to Y/N and helping him with his fight, but there was something like a pulse that dragged me to assist him.”

Chaeryeong's widen as she stares stupidly at Lia. “That's so... Sweet.”